Notices

Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
there is no such version yet.
sorry I mixed that up, was 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 I think? Maybe you could include a version number in the settings-screen.

One wonderful feature of Nelisquare is to shut off GPS if not in foreground, very useful. So we can leave it open all the time.

Even after restarting the device I get just the default app icon (blue square) in the app menu of Maemo. Is this a bug or do I have to uninstall-reinstall the app to see its icon?

Thank you for the good app, getting even better all the time...

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
Maybe you could include a version number in the settings-screen.
I'm almost completed the 0.4.3, which will include version info at settings screen, in-app updater (which checks for stable and developer versions) and some bug fixes.

One wonderful feature of Nelisquare is to shut off GPS if not in foreground, very useful. So we can leave it open all the time.
In future version there will be setting for "GPS unlock delay time". It seems not very convinient to turn it off immediately after application goes background, for instance if you are switching to camera, or reading an sms.

...default app icon (blue square) in the app menu of Maemo...
i'll check this.

Version 0.4.3 is out
  • cache reset and size info at settings page.
  • gallery performance fix
  • auto-update & version checker.

Available update version is requested from my build server at application startup and when you tap on interested update type(or change it) at settings page.

Update button forces device to download appropriate deb file from my server, but you have to manually tap it to install update.
  • developer version are updated each time I hit the build button (for personal tests on my device).
    I use that version all the time, so it should work fine most of the time, but some functionality may be broken for couple of hours.
  • stable versions are updated manually by me, when i create source tarballs and pushing changes to github/devel-extras/etc.
Stable versions for maemo are the same as at devel-extras repository (with small time lag while package is imported).

For Harmattan users internal updater is best way to stay informed about new versions

Please note:
Due to my mistake at 0.4.0, cache folder was "~/.cache" instead of "~/.cache/nelisquare".
  • For version 0.4.3 - 0.5.0 "Reset cache" function will affect both path, so it will wipe all the nelisquare cache.
  • For version 0.5.0+ "Reset cache" will wipe cache only at "~/.cache/nelisquare/".
Please reset cache atleast once while you are on versions 0.4.3-0.5

Download links:
Maemo - http://t.co/2oph2OOD
Meego - http://t.co/nJdTIXp8

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-10-23 at 20:34. Reason: download links

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Great! 0.4.3 is amazing.
First time I can
1. select a photo (selection pane shows latest photos rather fast now, big improvement!)
and
2. successfully upload it to foursquare.
Thank you very much, I am so happy.

One more wish: could Nelisqare scale the size of the uploaded image automatically to some reasonable limit (like VGA size), as the N900-shot photos are too large to be viewed in Nelisquare and take rather long to download? Nelisquare (and all other Foursquare apps) is meant to be used on the road...
Of course I could resize the photo myself using some other app, but that would be quite cumbersome to do...

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
great update! improving fast!

just 2 reports to eventually add in your roadmap:

-the badges list of a person, is visible only if is in your contacts (friended). i tried the android 4sq app, is possible to see badges list of every person, even if not added as friend

-nearby button is not changing the feed list, for example switching from recent to nearby...doesn't hide feed of a friend in USA...and im in Italy

just my 2 cents

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
just 2 reports to eventually add in your roadmap:
thanks for report. both are fixed in latest dev version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Stable version 0.4.4 has been released!
Though it consists of minor updates, i have to do that milestone

You can update using internal updater

Download links for new versions:
Changelog:
  • likes on checkins and venues added
  • user mayorships, checkins history added at user profile.
    due to api limitations user currently can view only his own history
  • changelog message at update dialog
  • bug fixes, layout updates.

Prior to implement tips like/infos and adding/editing venues, i have to change some core functionality. It should boost whole performance and application loading time

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-10-25 at 13:09. Reason: post structure

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
you just dont let us breath for a while dude, keep flowing us with update... you rock !!

is adding venue function is on your list?
and is it possible to change venue coordinat, i.e. your home is at A9 (already registered as a venue in 4sq), but that coordinat is way too far from the map, it should be at A3...is it posible to change/edit the coordinat from A9 to A3 without creating a new venue...
thanks in advance...

Originally Posted by zincholic View Post
is adding venue function is on your list?
Yes it is, i'd say in 2-3 releases ahead. in a week or so.

Originally Posted by zincholic View Post
and is it possible to change venue coordinat, i.e. your home is at A9 (already registered as a venue in 4sq), but that coordinat is way too far from the map, it should be at A3...is it posible to change/edit the coordinat from A9 to A3 without creating a new venue...
thanks in advance...
Yes, you can! (c)

You can change any venue details if you and admin/moderator of 4sq or you are manager of the venue.
Full list of properties:
  • name - Cho Dang Gol - The name of the venue.
  • address - 1313 Mockingbird Lane - The address of the venue.
  • crossStreet - at Fulton St - The nearest intersecting street or streets.
  • city - New York - The city name where this venue is.
  • state - New York The nearest state or province to the venue.
  • zip AE1234 - The zip or postal code for the venue.
  • phone - 00 01 23 1234 The phone number of the venue.
  • ll - 44.3,37.2 Latitude and longitude of the venue
  • category - The category or categories to which you want to assign this venue
  • twitter - eathabana The twitter handle of the venue.
  • description - We are a family owned and operated business with our customers' satisfaction ... A freeform description of the venue, up to 300 characters.
  • url - http://www.mercurylounge.com

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-10-25 at 13:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Core updates are now completed, and latest dev build (developer v0.4.5 build >= 201210281859) should be bugs free, and i'm now resuming implementing new functionality

current main changes at dev are:
  • pages dont reload their data from server, so "back" button now almost instant
  • also this version should loads faster.

If you are using "Battery Usage" application(or any of that kind) i'd like to collect some infromation from you about battery drain while using nelisquare.
Please send an text info or printscreen: as private message here, via twitter, or any other way.

2012/10/29 UPDATE:
If you are using exactly the "Battery Usage" application - you dont have to run it all the time. it collects information even if it does not run at background. The battery stats resets once you connect power cord to your phone. So the best time to make a screensnap is just before you are going to charge the phone.

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-10-29 at 10:06. Reason: battery usage info

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post: