Active Topics

Somebody can tell me if there is any way to type the #131# in cellphone mode.

In my cellphone privider the #131# command is for cheking the balance of the cellphone but in my n900 i can't becouse when i type any number between # and # for example #131# the cellphone display a message "Wrong number".

Can any one helpe to solve this?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Numbers with *# are not supported in the current firmware. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32878 (particularly the later pages, they have a widget that works) and https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5357

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Error typing number in cellphone mode" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Numbers with *# are not supported in the current firmware. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32878 (particularly the later pages, they have a widget that works) and https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5357
This problem has been fixed but don't expect it for another 4 to 6 months. Don't ask me why...

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
This problem has been fixed but don't expect it for another 4 to 6 months. Don't ask me why...
That's FUD.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
And all the FUD is Nokia's fault. Nokia don't announce update plans, so there is uncertainty.

We saw the treatment the N810 got, so we have fear and doubt for the future of the N900.

I have just updated my N900 to 2.2009.51-1.003.
BUT STILL NO USSD FUNCTIONALITY.
Sorry for screaming, had to let it out.
In india those using Airtel GSM cards send message AIRTEL to 121 and reply with your options to view the balance.
Its long way to know but runs none the least.

As for the update is it just my optimism or I think the transiton animation and screen is looking more responsive and alive.
If you get my meaning

This is somewhat poor really as Vodaphone require you to put the sim into the phone and dial *#00# to get your mobile number and start your account

And that is a sticker on the N900 box !

Originally Posted by abhijit4569 View Post
I have just updated my N900 to 2.2009.51-1.003.
BUT STILL NO USSD FUNCTIONALITY.
Sorry for screaming, had to let it out.
In india those using Airtel GSM cards send message AIRTEL to 121 and reply with your options to view the balance.
Its long way to know but runs none the least.

As for the update is it just my optimism or I think the transiton animation and screen is looking more responsive and alive.
If you get my meaning
hey i have airtel as well and i was wondring how to get the gprs setting for the 98rs plan since you cant dial the number(*567*13#) to get the settings ..

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
This is somewhat poor really as Vodaphone require you to put the sim into the phone and dial *#00# to get your mobile number and start your account

And that is a sticker on the N900 box !
Great, Vodafone will start getting hammered by complaints and hopefully will pull N900 from sale like they did with SE

That should push the fix forward.

Tags
dial, dialing, lack of phone features, lack of quality control, sms, telephony, ussd