Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Love my n900 ! still use it mainly for the fm transmitter... i also watch movies/shows on it (old habit).... to be honest i use all three of my phones my n900 (movies/music and such) my n9 as work phone & whatsup (when it was working).. And my Jolla as my main phone... i,m also typing this on my jolla...

But my N900 will always be my favorite phone.. i wish i could still use it as main devices..

wich brings me to the fact *bit off topic* that i have NO cleu which will be my next phone.. with all these companies and their strange moves... Jolla gave every loyal die hard customer the middle finger by making the Jolla C limited... Intex can't reach Europe, Fairphone looks funny... And Turing Phone acts funny...

*sorry for the rant*

Happy N900 week

Kind regards J Neutron

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So, I am off from home away on a trip but what I did is I of course brought my N900 with me to celebrate the week!

So as I told you before, I had to look for the sim adaptor I knew was somewhere, took me a few hours to finally dig it out. I had left N900 to charge overnight but then I found out that it would not boot after all!
I just saw the yellow light constantly lit, but not "breathing"
The device tried to boot when I pressed power-on but then died...

After I wriggled the USB connector back and forth a few times the light started breathing after all... SO what I am having is probably the early stages of major USB mishap!

After charging it for a few hours, I tried to power-on again and what, now it boots up like nothing!

So, now the simcard is in the device, and it went instantly to Elisa network, beautiful!
First thing I tried after setting up the date and time is I pulled contacts from my Jolla sbj1 via bluetooth and it worked like it should. Another plus there for the old horse!
Sending couple of SMS'es, real pleasure to use a keyboard for that!

Will report later on next adventures...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Using N900 as an emulator. Still the best experience on any mobile devices (except pyra and this is in terms of controls)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
missed the first day of N900 week but using my beloved device today as main phone. Working great but keyboard keys are a bit hard to press. And my first post on N900 after a year.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
Love my n900 ! still use it mainly for the fm transmitter... i also watch movies/shows on it (old habit).... to be honest i use all three of my phones my n900 (movies/music and such) my n9 as work phone & whatsup (when it was working).. And my Jolla as my main phone... i,m also typing this on my jolla...

But my N900 will always be my favorite phone.. i wish i could still use it as main devices..

wich brings me to the fact *bit off topic* that i have NO cleu which will be my next phone.. with all these companies and their strange moves... Jolla gave every loyal die hard customer the middle finger by making the Jolla C limited... Intex can't reach Europe, Fairphone looks funny... And Turing Phone acts funny...

*sorry for the rant*

Happy N900 week

Kind regards J Neutron
Jolla...

Here I am still waiting for it to be released in Australia, and it becomes discontinued instead! :P
  • Translink Brisbane script (time to bus/train)
  • Commbank client (check balance)
  • Uber (basic client, request ride, etc)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
I bought a new battery and a micro sim adapter fpr my n900.
I was hoping to leave the note4 at home. Unfortunately when i booted the phone, it could not find the network that i am on.
It is not the famous gsm chip problem, the phone finds three networks, but it will not allow me connect to any.
In more details - it finds Vodafone, Telekom (T-mobile) and Orange, however i ported my sim from Telekom to a local provider which n900 does not seem to find.
However, i still take the n900 with me everywhere i go for this week.
I use the note only for calls and hotspot and n900 for internet, email, etc.

We should celebrate this week at least twice a year.

Best regards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This morning I started configuring my email address to N900 but ran into problems as our mailserver uses self-swigned certificate.The device refuses to sync to the server...
Now I have to figure out how to install own certificate since there's no option for "ignore certificate errors" in the email setup.

One thing I find odd is that some people bitch about the limitations of the web browser, I find it pretty good indeed (and am now using it to write this piece on TMO)
Sure it loads pages a bit slower than on sbj1 but I recon it is mostly due to having 4G on it and only 3G on N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I want to send a big thank you to whoever created faster application manager. How can that be so fast while Nokia original is so slow? Simply better code or cutting corners?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This morning I started configuring my email address to N900 but ran into problems as our mailserver uses self-swigned certificate.The device refuses to sync to the server...
Now I have to figure out how to install own certificate since there's no option for "ignore certificate errors" in the email setup.

One thing I find odd is that some people bitch about the limitations of the web browser, I find it pretty good indeed (and am now using it to write this piece on TMO)
Sure it loads pages a bit slower than on sbj1 but I recon it is mostly due to having 4G on it and only 3G on N900.
did you try to install the certificate via the 'Settings' application? In the 'Connections' part of the settings there is 'Certificate Manager', that can install certificates.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Got my kid-free, postponable-responsibility moment and swapped SIM into the N900. Apparently last-year me was actually smart enough to leave the SIM adapter in the N900 SIM slot. Yay last-year guy! It's working.

Let the week begin, a little late.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: