Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
what he also said was that until apps are proved worthy for extras they shouldn't be available as an installable package, thats what got my back up!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

I think a lot of the frustrations here are due to the vague nature of the original post.

There are many skilled, helpful and enthusiastic people here that would be quite happy to spend time looking into potential issues on packages if they were given some clues as to which packages to look at, however given that the OP has stated he is not suffering from any of the issues he is warning about the thread doesn't really have anywhere to go.

I have tried searching t.m.o and can't find any concrete examples of people having problems uninstalling applications (Ignoring overclock threads etc)

Perhaps someone can do better and find evidence of the problem then there could be something to discuss?

Thedevils1
Point one application _not_ from extra-testing or extra-devel that caused issues with the phone stability. If not please feel free to stop throwing emtpy accusations.
Thank you.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Thedevils1 View Post
he has a really good point cos i installed loads of apps and screwed my fone up and had to reflash cos i could not find out what app did the damage and from whati can see some apps on here are dangerus so why put them on here if ther gonna screw up your fone and from wat i read he meant all apps not just ones from extradevil
so am gonna defend him cos he made some very good points and you lot just argued with him ok
You, sir or madam, are the definition of "a ******", as in "someone not willing to learn". And you smell like a sock puppet for abill_uk so please drop the spelling mambo.

You continue to sprinkle your verbal offal with "some apps on here" and "so why put them on here" clearly displaying that you haven't spent even a minute understanding what a repository is or what happens when you click on that "Install" button.

With "so why put them on here if ther gonna screw up your fone" you just drive the smell of sock puppetry and ignorance further up all our noses.

Do what the rest of us did: find out how things actually work and take some time and actually read the text in dialogues instead of just clicking "Yes" and "OK".

(And yes, I know I'm giving the troll good stuff to gobble down. It is a lazy Sunday.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Then you will have to sift through all the problematic issues software related to find out just what apps are giving problems as i just dont have the time nor the access to every bit of code written for apps to the N900 sorry.
if you don't have the time, then please refresh your n900 to stock firmware and all, or sell/give it to someone who would.

sorry, there is limit to spoonfeeding

hey man dont jump on me just cos am defending the guy cos i will just jump back at you i can tell you i never installad any apps from extras at all and could not uninstall the apps that i put on my fone and it just got worse and worse and i had to reflash everything to get it working again you wanna talk to people in the right way
You are defending what a guy who has no idea what he is talking about? Yes there are applications that can damage the phone and there are warnings NOT to use these applications unless you know what you are doing and ready to reflash. If you are having a problem with an application that is not from extra-dev or extra-testing please let us know so the respective application can get better.

It is really simple this thread is pointles your posts are pointless. You want to know why? Because you are not saying _anytinhg_ all I can read is bla bla coz application bla bla my fone bla bla.

If you are scared of bears don`t go into the woods.

he has a really good point cos i installed loads of apps and screwed my fone up and had to reflash cos i could not find out what app did the damage and from whati can see some apps on here are dangerus so why put them on here if ther gonna screw up your fone and from wat i read he meant all apps not just ones from extradevil
so am gonna defend him cos he made some very good points and you lot just argued with him ok
did you learn your lesson? do you now pay more heed to the numerous warnings? do you now pay attention to what you're doing when installing LOADS OF APPS? can you now let those of us who take responsibility for our own actions determine what is a suitable risk for ourselves rather than nannying the adults due to your failure?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
LOOL. I install a ton of apps and games from extras-devel, but haven't ever had an issue. Probably because I know what I'm doing. If you don't know what's going on, follow the red tape advice thats PLASTERED all over these forums and sites. Do not use the extras testing or devel repos. Pretty simple. Stick with that and you wont have a noob's nightmare experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
all the apps i installed none of them had any warning about installing ok and after i uninstalled one by one my fone just got worse and worse so i was not able to find out where i got the problem from and in the end my fone was slow and i reboot and it was stuck on the nokia screen would go no further that why i reflashed cos i had no choice ok
none of them was from extradevil i had about 35 apps installed
and by the way we use linux at work thats why i got my n900
i am no troll amjust a guy who like you is interested in linux am not english am spanish so you will hav to excuse my poor english
are there 35 apps available direct from nokia? afaik any app that doesn't come direct from them has a waning attached!

Then learn the basics of linux - freedoom and open community. No one here owns you or me anything. Saying things like applications broke my n900 will only cause negative opinions towards you. If you are really interested monitor the phone better next time and sent a bug report for the respective app. Being spanish or nigerian or whatever does not excuse you for your english, there are alot of online dictionaries and spellchecker.

Closed Thread

Tags
op is a bug, uninstall op