Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Anybody know if HTML emails will be fixed soon? PR 1.2 had no change for this issue.

I just got an N9, had issues with Gmail not pulling new messages from the server, neither seemingly on the schedule nor via a manual sync.

These problems are still affecting me with PR1.2, and I have already deleted and re-made the Google account once.

Everything seems normal, if I do a refresh, I can see Gmail in the transfers, and it completes fine. However, no new messages are pulled down from the server, despite them showing up in other clients.

Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Hi, Sergy,

Seems this issue has not been fixed in PR1.2. Did I miss some switch to control this? Many thanks.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hi all,
I'm back from vacation and ready to work (a little bit ) and help again.

Hello, at least for sales release it was a design decision to make notifications work like mentioned in your post. So, not a bug Perhaps, will be changed later in updates.

NOTE: one of the problems if we are going to change a current implementation is a case when you are receiving one email per few seconds (in always up-to-date mode, for example). Vibration and sounds looks a bit annoying, just believe me .
-------
Hi Sergey, could you take a look into this issue that I mentioned in another post and provide any help? Thanks.

--------------------

I just got a new N9 and updated to PR 1.1. Got the MFE work for my gmail account, select "always update to date". All works perfectly for mail, contact, and calendar - almost update mails instantaneously.

However, I noticed this weird thing:

It works very well for new email notification for the first mail coming in. Then if I did not check that new mail and let it be there, there will be no more notifications (sound or vibration) for the following new mails. Just you can see the increase of new email numbers on the notification screen. Only after you check the emails and clear the new mail signs, it start to play the sound and vibrate when receive the first new mail, and problems again after that. Just wonder if this is a way by design or it is a bug already reported or can be fixed by changing setting.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
This bug came a couple of weeks after PR1.1 update. PR 1.2 didn't change it.

I have two e-mail accounts (gmail and one other). One day both e-mail boxes disappeared. When I click the e-mail icon only "Setup e-mail" screen is shown. My accounts are still there. I have deleted accounts and created again. No help. Setup e-mail comes every time. Nokia care told to flash whole phone. Maybe that is easy way, but can someone tell how to reset only accounts/email without formatting the whole system ?

Last edited by Metsämies; 2012-03-01 at 18:30.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I am now having massive battery drain when my gmail account is set to "always up to date" on PR1.2. I did not have this problem in the past on 1.0 or 1.1. I see the little "syncing" down arrow show up in the notification bar every 2-3 seconds and immediately disappear.

I've searched and all I can find are posts from PR1.1 saying that this bug should be fixed in 1.2.

Any ideas?
I had this problem with my Gmail account after I installed 1.2. My notifications were coming in immediately, and it was saying "last updated 1 minute ago" and all, but the constant syncing drained my battery within 3 hours. I deleted and re-added and the syncing arrow wasn't around anymore, so that stopped the battery drain. Unfortunately, after I did that, my emails aren't updating at all. I have to manually update, no more push notification. That's the problem with both my gmail and MFE (which is my work email).

I tried deleting the accounts a few times and even rebooting after deleting and re-adding. Nothing seems to be working. Getting very frustrated.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwickedez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I searched but didn't find answer to my question: how can I attach files of different types than the predefined(jpg, doc etc.)? I tried to attach tar.gz - no way you can see it in file explorer that is launched for attachment file selection. Of course you can do the trick with renaming and moving to one of the watched directories, but that seems dumb(iPhone-sque) to me. I want to be able to attach any file I want, no matter the extension. Even such with missing extensions. It is just files....

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
After updating to 1.2 everything running smoothly!!!!!!!

Email works fine, I believe that keeping connection on background mode makes the difference. I didn't need to restart it even once!

Originally Posted by dwickedez View Post
I had this problem with my Gmail account after I installed 1.2. My notifications were coming in immediately, and it was saying "last updated 1 minute ago" and all, but the constant syncing drained my battery within 3 hours. I deleted and re-added and the syncing arrow wasn't around anymore, so that stopped the battery drain. Unfortunately, after I did that, my emails aren't updating at all. I have to manually update, no more push notification. That's the problem with both my gmail and MFE (which is my work email).

I tried deleting the accounts a few times and even rebooting after deleting and re-adding. Nothing seems to be working. Getting very frustrated.
I ended up setting it to check every 10 minutes. Not an ideal solution, but my phone battery doesn't die in 2 hours anymore. Waiting for a real fix.

Hey guys,

since updating to PR 1.2, my contacts stopped syncing. Any idea how I can clear my entire address book and remove all configs left by MfE?

I also opened a bug here: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1106

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all,

I'm back (I've been in a business trip) and ready to help

Originally Posted by InvalidJP View Post
Sergey,
Please let me know if there is anyway I would be able to get past this security code. Dying to start modding this phone.

JP
try to use --erase-user-data argument for flasher (I'm not sure that it is available in public flasher).

Originally Posted by salaj View Post
Hi Sergey,

I've got the update today (PR1.2). It was not fixed.

many greetings
Like I wrote you in a private message I'm back and will check your issue. Thanks for the test account.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I am now having massive battery drain when my gmail account is set to "always up to date" on PR1.2. I did not have this problem in the past on 1.0 or 1.1. I see the little "syncing" down arrow show up in the notification bar every 2-3 seconds and immediately disappear.

I've searched and all I can find are posts from PR1.1 saying that this bug should be fixed in 1.2.

Any ideas?
This bug is not fixed in PR1.2 (damned bug ). Currently all I can advice is to try to switch on a 10 mins interval instead of always-on at least for a day (of course if reboot and/or deletion of the account can't help you).

Originally Posted by x220 View Post
Hi, Sergy,

Seems this issue has not been fixed in PR1.2. Did I miss some switch to control this? Many thanks.
Since design is not changed your "issue" is not fixed. So yes, there is no fix for notifications in PR1.2. And "only one notification sound/vibration" is by design too, so it is not a bug, it is a feature

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I searched but didn't find answer to my question: how can I attach files of different types than the predefined(jpg, doc etc.)? I tried to attach tar.gz - no way you can see it in file explorer that is launched for attachment file selection. Of course you can do the trick with renaming and moving to one of the watched directories, but that seems dumb(iPhone-sque) to me. I want to be able to attach any file I want, no matter the extension. Even such with missing extensions. It is just files....
Since there is no file manger on the system (by default) it is working the way like it works atm. I suppose it is a big question to the designers why there is no section like "Other files".

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
This bug came a couple of weeks after PR1.1 update. PR 1.2 didn't change it.

I have two e-mail accounts (gmail and one other). One day both e-mail boxes disappeared. When I click the e-mail icon only "Setup e-mail" screen is shown. My accounts are still there. I have deleted accounts and created again. No help. Setup e-mail comes every time. Nokia care told to flash whole phone. Maybe that is easy way, but can someone tell how to reset only accounts/email without formatting the whole system ?
Can you check the fenix logs? Can you see any errors/warnings?

Originally Posted by dwickedez View Post

Can you get the logs? MfE should work fine. Try to switch on a schedule sync setting (10 mins for example) as a temporary solution.

Originally Posted by florian View Post
Hey guys,

since updating to PR 1.2, my contacts stopped syncing. Any idea how I can clear my entire address book and remove all configs left by MfE?

I also opened a bug here: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1106
Just remove the MfE account and all contacts will be removed.

Steps from the bug:

1. Set up MfE with contact sync enabled.
2. Not all contacts will appear in the address book.

Are you syncing GMail? I'm asking only because gmail server syncs contacts only after few mins (or even more then 30 mins) after first account sync.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950