Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Ladies, gentlemen, the waiting is over! We have launched Maemo 5 and the N900. With a name already determined by the Maemo community a long time ago, the Nokia N900 delivers computer-grade performance in a handset.

Check the press release

We will display the Maemo 5 experience and the N900 in its full glory in the Nokia World event opening on September, the 2nd in Stuttgart, Germany. We have invited your community council to join us as guests in the event. If you have questions on Maemo 5 and the Nokia N900 that are not answered on maemo.nokia.com, then please don’t hesitate to forward your questions to Tim Samoff and Andrew Flegg, who will have plenty of time with us in Nokia World, where we will address your questions.

We are just uploading plenty of information, pictures and videos to keep you busy until Nokia World. More details from our side will come from the event itself.

And now... TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!

Last edited by qgil; 2009-08-27 at 11:04. Reason: Press release link

The Following 140 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
aikon800, alephito, All Seeing Pie, amer19, anidel, ankkuri, aot, Architengi, AstroGuy, asyik, attila77, barry99705, Benson, bhaskarm, bluehash, Bobbe, bobby68, borghal, Bulfaiter, Bundyo, buurmas, Capt'n Corrupt, codeMonkey, ColdFusion, ColonelKilkenny, D4rKlar, danramos, daperl, darethehair, dart45, davidgro, dbec10, deadmalc, deeteroderdas, delaroca, Den in USA, dfinch, dkm365, dkwatts, dormant, dvergin, edgar2, EIPI, epilido, fiferboy, fms, Francisco, fredoll, fusi, Fwiffo, GeneralAntilles, GeraldKo, Glasswalker, Handspring, heavyt, hns, hyartep, ikarizdat, ioan, ioioio, Jaffa, jandmdickerson, javispedro, JayOnThaBeat, jeremiah, joeflyde, johnkzin, Johnx, jthiemann, Justjoe, kanishou, keesj, klinglerware, Krazybat, krisse, lardman, lm2, locusf, macit, magog, makel, manda, Mara, max_power, meizirkki, mmurfin87, mobiledivide, Mox, mrojas, m_sparks, n9mjg, neatojones, nikolajhendel, noventa98, nowave7, NvyUs, panjgoori, Paxicide, penyeach, Peter@Maemo Marketing, pycage, qwerty12, ranbaxy, Reggie, rok, sachin007, salinmooch, sashabe, SASO1600, Satz, sjgadsby, Snoshrk, Stskeeps, Team C, tekplay, Texrat, thecubed, thecursedfly, theflew, Thesandlord, thp, timoph, timsamoff, tksu, tpaixao, tso, twaelti, VDVsx, vkv.raju, volt, Wikiwide, WilliePre, wipeout140, wizink, yerga, ysss, zerojay
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
From the maemo.nokia.com:

Maemo is available on the Nokia N900 - a high-performance mobile computer with a powerful processor, large internal storage, and sharp touch-screen display.
Time to create a sub-forum under "Hardware" :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
yaaaay!

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Whoooa!!!!!!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It's 7am here and I was about to leave and head to work, but instead I've called in and started drinking some vodka to celebrate.

I fully expect to be back to sleep in 20 minutes. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Quim beat me to it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...081#post316081

Tim and I are very happy to have been invited to Nokia World next week, and are looking forward to it.

(Can a mod merge the threads, perhaps?) EDIT: this has been done

Last edited by Jaffa; 2009-08-27 at 12:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
"The Nokia N900 will be available in select markets from October 2009 with an estimated retail price of EUR 500 excluding sales taxes and subsidies."

Ok. where's the "place your order" -button?

OMFG!!!

Look at the video on maemo.nokia.com

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
"The Nokia N900 will be available in select markets from October 2009 with an estimated retail price of EUR 500 excluding sales taxes and subsidies."

Ok. where's the "place your order" -button?
Yes. Cheaper than I expected, I will get this as soon as possible.

Looks great! But where is the phone (GSM) component? Nokia must have forgotten to add it in the N900 specs page.

EDIT: ah, it's here: http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/specifications/

- Quad-band GSM EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA 900/1700/2100 MHz

Nice!

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-08-27 at 11:48.

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900