I really tried to avoid creating a new thread, I looked as hard as I could both here and on the whirlpool forums to no avail. I am aware that due to several factors, the N9 was not released with the polish that Nokia gave most of its flagship phones. As a result, we have a phone which is to be used primarily in portrait mode.

Coming from a N8, I find it frustrating that the gallery does not auto rotate. Is there a way to fix it? I tried the N9 Tweak Tool, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

On a side note, I love the Swipe UI, but it's quite irritating in the aforementioned gallery app. Showing pictures has turned into quite the workload. I may seem like I'm complaining a lot, but I do really like the phone. I've always heard great things about the community here, and thought maybe someone had a solution or workaround.

Hope everyone had a hearty Christmas.

The Following User Says Thank You to enerqy For This Useful Post:
gallery is auto rotating

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
gallery is auto rotating
It isn't for me, I can only view the pictures one way. And have to always rotate the phone physically.

Originally Posted by enerqy View Post
It isn't for me, I can only view the pictures one way. And have to always rotate the phone physically.
My gallery autorotates, both when looking at the full gallery view and when looking at the single picture view. I recommend downloading the latest version of N9QuickTweaks and selecting tweaks B 4 and B 6. Also, do you have your orientation locked? Are both landscape and portrait mode activated?

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
My gallery autorotates, both when looking at the full gallery view and when looking at the single picture view. I recommend downloading the latest version of N9QuickTweaks and selecting tweaks B 4 and B 6. Also, do you have your orientation locked? Are both landscape and portrait mode activated?
I'll do that and get back to you.

No, the orientation isn't locked. Opera rotates all the time. How do I check whether both are activated?

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Can you take pics in camera in landscape

Originally Posted by enerqy View Post
Originally Posted by Morpog
gallery is auto rotating
Actually you always have to rotate physically to switch orientation. Are you sure u hav a prblm?

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Actually you always have to rotate physically to switch orientation. Are you sure u hav a prblm?
I take pictures in landscape. Though I've also copied pictures taken on other cameras (such as my N8) to the N9.

Yeah, I made a mistake earlier. I meant to say, rotating the phone physically doesn't help at all. The only instance where it happens (quite a lot actually) is in Opera Mobile.

I also tried the aforementioned tweaks to no avail.

Does the camera ui rotate in landscape? The on screen buttons should change rotation by 90 degree on rotating device.

If it is rotating fine, but gallery not wotking, then you might have a SW bug. If it is not rotating either, then you might have a SW or HW bug, but the HW bug is unlikely.

I'd suggest a reinstall of system ui or reflash as last measure.

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Does the camera ui rotate in landscape? The on screen buttons should change rotation by 90 degree on rotating device.

If it is rotating fine, but gallery not wotking, then you might have a SW bug. If it is not rotating either, then you might have a SW or HW bug, but the HW bug is unlikely.

I'd suggest a reinstall of system ui or reflash as last measure.
No, it doesn't. I wasn't even aware that could happen. How can I reinstall just the system ui?