Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bbin View Post

These kind of comments really show what is wrong with TMO nowadays.
What's wrong with TMO is that it's no longer ITT. Just saying!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Care to ever answer any of my prior questions or do you wish to toss more insults my way? Ever thought I just get a tad bit perturbed when I'm confronted by a person incapable of answering one serious question?
He's resorted to personal attacks like a cornered and excited primate tossing feces around. Don't bother replying to it and let your own statements stand for themselves and continue to address the rest of the intelligent crowd out here, putting aside the hater.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Please point to what I said that implied to you that I think the problem has been solved. I think that what I claimed is that the problem has not been IGNORED. Do you disagree that is what I said?

Your reasoning is quite incorrect, and insulting me doesn't correct it.
It speaks poorly for you that you have to use insult to support your argument.
I had the impression he was talking about blind fanaticists (fanbois), not directed right at you. The issue here being the phrase, "I've never had that problem," as a way to anecdotally dismiss the problem, intentionally or unintentionally. But that's just my reading. Either way, no need to insults each other--you both have good points.

PS @gerbick: I never had that problem with the USB port! ...I suppose it's because I didn't bother with getting an N900, though.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Please let's try to get this back on track, I'd like to subscribe to this thread and actually be able to find out new tidbits about N9, which this thread should be all about. You all seem to be very well spoken, intelligent and vocal people, why not steer all that talent and energy to on-topic discussion?

Let's not drive away people that are in the know, but don't want to participate because the discussion just isn't very inviting.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The ignoring part is that folks tend to quickly say "Didn't happen to me." like that was the solution.

They were just lucky.
So far. It's a design defect, not just a bad batch of N900s (unlike, say, the N800s with bad screen sensitivity or the N810s with incorrectly partitioned eMMC (got both)).

And I refuse to buy a ****ing desktop charger and extra battery to go with me for travel. I already carry enough stuff.
Never mind that, having to reboot in order to swap batteries every day? I have too much "state" open most of the time to be doing that. My N810's uptime is 65 days, and that reboot was for trying out a different kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
He's resorted to personal attacks like a cornered and excited primate tossing feces around.
Oh, you would never resort to that. Especially not in the same sentence.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
He's resorted to personal attacks like a cornered and excited primate tossing feces around. Don't bother replying to it and let your own statements stand for themselves and continue to address the rest of the intelligent crowd out here, putting aside the hater.
I had no clue to what the question was, but FYI it is answered in the correct thread (i think) a long time ago. Why do you care anyway? On a second thought, please don't answer that.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well, it still is since you are directed here

http://www.internettablettalk.com/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
welll dont buy an android phone, they have even shittier battery life.
My Atrix has an 1930mAh battery, I've trimmed down the starting services as well as killed most of the polling widgets. I can go almost a day and a half per charge with wifi, bluetooth and Gmail polling per 30 minutes and really using it, phone calls et al.

To be honest, I find that my experience with Android, all but AMOLED based phones, is better than the N900. I'm a heavy phone user.

my n900 have over one year and still strong, i drop it alot.
Awesome. My personal one was going strong, no drops and no microUSB issues when I sold it. The other two in the office, I can't say the same on the microUSB, one was replaced, the other was just returned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Quick question what is the actual release date for the N9 in Australia?

The sad fact of this is that neither gerbick nor danramos have used the N900 for a sufficiently long time (leave alone using it in the first place), to really comment valuably on such comparisons in the first place...

anyways lets stop this bashing now... we respect you both, but this discussion leads us nowhere.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by steveburczymucha View Post
Great, you have to resort to mods to get experience that you should expect to have out of a box.
Agreed some of the changes should have been in the stock rom.
Some of the changes they made were pretty good and some were pretty creative.
Check it out
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p999

I hope we have something like this to look at with the N9 so we can see what the next firmware update will be.

Mods will be done to the N9 to like bluetooth keyboard enabled and maybe someone will figure out how to get an antenna on that fm transmitter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????