Active Topics

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Hey all,

could someone possibly give me an example of how to connect Settings to a patch I've created....?

Currently, I have an entry in Settings and within my settings, I have 4 options, those options are to either hide or show something particular on the lockscreen, i.e.; date, weather, media controls and upcoming calendar events.

In my settings, the 'TextSwitch' lights when it is pressed but nothing happens on the lockscreen and when I swipe back to Settings page and back into my patch settings, the TextSwitch is no longer lit.

I've tied myself in knots trying to get this working, so any ideas/info/walkthroughs will be gratefully received!

Regards,

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
https://github.com/anigaj/lockCalPat...patch/main.qml

Here is how I have done it, using configurationgroup

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:
Thanks anig, I can't follow that massive long page of code, it doesn't help me much at all, that is why I asked for an example not just a nose at a file - I have no clue where to start, which is why I initially started making my patch without settings.

I'll keep looking.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Huh, you should write your settings page with ConfigurationGroup which is dconf-key with your default settings. There are many examples with different difficulty on the OpenRepos.Obviously it isn't very easy to do it in the first time, but anig's example isn't unhelpful at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Huh, you should write your settings page with ConfigurationGroup which is dconf-key with your default settings. There are many examples with different difficulty on the OpenRepos.Obviously it isn't very easy to do it in the first time, but anig's example isn't unhelpful at all.
Quite right on all counts, although, I didn't mean that Anig's example wasn't helpful, a poor choice of words, rather, I was very tired when I looked at the file and thought "oh wow", that's a lot to take in.

Anyhow, following your comment regarding the examples all over Openrepos (which of course, I am aware of), but had struggled to find a patch that was, well, easy enough to pull out what I needed and get going. I now have a weather widget I can hide/show and is draggable, more work needed, but I get it now!....oh, I used your patch "show weather on lockscreen" to get what I needed, so thanks for that and the reminders of examples.

Regards,