Active Topics

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 314 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russian Federation
Hehe... I had no idea when I could get to this prototype to do some its photos, but since n950 (finally lol) got himself an incomplete RM-581 Columbus and once again going to turn on the "fotoripper" mode, I decided to make few full-fledged photos. Not so good and clean, haha, but here's night already, I have no light box (with flash to many glare) and all next few weeks I will be quite busy. So don't really know when I will get next chance to spent some time on this stuff, thence I deciced better this than nothing.
I think all who see my Protos know that I prefer various interesting S60 Proto/smartphones and I'm quite cold to Harmattan/MeeGo, but also love this stuff too. As abt Columbus it's interested for me because on it's base was done RM-596 Vasco (Nokia N8-00) and RM-679 Sanlitun (Nokia T7-00) (Simplified Vasco for China Mobile - 8MP Camera/No AF/No HDMi/Limited Gold cover). So here's two very rare Internal Engeneering Prototype MockUps that was used very deep in Nokia after was decided to make Vasco with S^3 on Columbus base for various internal Nokia presentations. I got them in ~2012 from my friend who works on Vasco and as I know nothing from these things already exist. Also I never see complete RM-581. Columbus here still with incomplete design (but compete chassis) with 8MP AF mark on camera, same to the Vasco - it's one of the earliest it's Design Protos - to many details from Columbus. Retail N8-00 have quite unique design and can't be confused with Columbus. So, I think that material may be quite interesting to community oldies/ Nokia collectors.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DirkDagger For This Useful Post:
Cool! Any chance to see them on?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 314 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russian Federation
It's just HardWare Design MockUps, not for SW debug. I had few more alive with Debug/Test builds and incomplete HW (no bottom part with kickstand) back in time, but one was exchanged for another very rare unreleased Nokia MeeGo (Meltemi?) Prototype codnamed IZAK, which I'll probably show later here and another is at my cousins house, don't know when I will be there. So, maybe next time when I will get some time (and desire) to make it's review, I will post it here. Also, looks n950 got same Debug/Test build I exchange few years ago, so I think he will post some information.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirkDagger For This Useful Post:
Hi Dirk,
Nice to see your prototypes in good conditions!
Let's see my new prototype next week.
When i post you post too

Tags
eskmaemo, nokia columbus, prototype, rm-581, unreleased