Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Zentenario View Post
@marmistrz: maybe off-topic but a simple??? question from a noobie: many developers for fremantle are moving on to Harmattan and I guess abandonning Fremantle (as fcrochik with its GeePS though no sure). Consequently, our future chances to keep inlove with N900 rely on CSSU progress and to benefit from new N9 apps. Will we be able soon, with your meecolay and a common Qt framework, to run all harmattan apps? I know that N900 and N9/N950 have different hardware and capabilities of course, so I'm sure that NOT ALL will run on N900 but just testing the possibility is a great challenge for me ...

Thanks for your hard work, both marmistrz and fcrochik. Sorry for posting this here but could not resist it
I would guess that for most of the qt applications backporting them to the n900 is not too difficult and is probably the best approach - of course we need to have the developers involvement for that to happen. There are some small issues but having the "meego" qml components for the n900 makes the process quite easy.

As for me, I just finished the first release of GeePS2. After a short break I plan to get it running on the n900 - I am hoping it will be pretty straight forward since most of my UI is custom anyway.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Zentenario View Post
@marmistrz: maybe off-topic but a simple??? question from a noobie: many developers for fremantle are moving on to Harmattan and I guess abandonning Fremantle (as fcrochik with its GeePS though no sure). Consequently, our future chances to keep inlove with N900 rely on CSSU progress and to benefit from new N9 apps. Will we be able soon, with your meecolay and a common Qt framework, to run all harmattan apps? I know that N900 and N9/N950 have different hardware and capabilities of course, so I'm sure that NOT ALL will run on N900 but just testing the possibility is a great challenge for me ...

Thanks for your hard work, both marmistrz and fcrochik. Sorry for posting this here but could not resist it
I hope so.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Would you like to see "GeePS2" (qml) on the N900?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Very Much So

i want to see it on Sailfish

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
This app is awesome. GeePS2 (qml) would be sweet. Would like to see the extra features. Thanks

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
yup it should be

i can't believe i missed this app - works great

Fcrochik

Fantastic app. Got it after messing around with MoNav, Navit and Ovi, all of which were deeply flawed.

Shame you aren't still working on this, with map rotation and direction removal after passing the waypoint this would be unstoppable.