Notices

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Scotland
hmm, you can access the keyboard settings in an accessories menu, and the only options related to the keyboard is to set the keyboards language, repeat interval, and then manage the bluetooth devices. doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can access key information.

the link also said something about triangle being f1, but i don't seem to be able to assign f1 to the game controller in maemo (by typing f then 1), and the ps3 doesn't recognise it either. 'spose it can wait till the function keys are included in the virtual keyboard

oh, ignore my last post, i just tried the mouse function some more, and triangle appears to be the *right mouse button awesome.

*edit*

i assume that there aren't key values that are equal to the virtual mouse buttons? a useful feature would be the ability to assign mouse buttons as well as keys to the game controller

thanks a lot!

Last edited by astrogirl; 2009-01-25 at 16:37.

oh, and thought i should add that square is the backspace key, since this is what it is used as when writing messages with the controller.

also, it has probably been mentioned before, but i assume that the n810 hardware keyboard cannot use the function key to use numbers and things?

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
hello

i'm not sure if anyone has actually paired their n810 with their ps3 before, but i just installed bluemaemo and thought i would try it out.

the two paired fine, and the direction buttons all work, the mouse works, and the enter key is the X button. the keyboard (vitrual and hardware ones) work fine as a keyboard, for example i was able to write a message to a friend.

the only buttons that could do with keys are the triangle one for extras menu, and the circle button to go back.

i just wondered how easy it would be to find the command for this (i tried the keyboard to see if other keys done something, but apparently not) and whether it would be easy enough to add it in.

thanks anyways, the keyboard is much more useful than using a controller

cheers!
Good news, a lot of people tried to pair BlueMaemo with PS3 and none of them had success
Can you describe the steps that you did for the pairing ?

Best regards,

Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
oh, and thought i should add that square is the backspace key, since this is what it is used as when writing messages with the controller.

also, it has probably been mentioned before, but i assume that the n810 hardware keyboard cannot use the function key to use numbers and things?
In Linux/Windows the FN key of the HW keyboard works fine.

BlueMaemo have a empty profile right now, probably I can make a Ps3 profile there

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Good news, a lot of people tried to pair BlueMaemo with PS3 and none of them had success
Can you describe the steps that you did for the pairing ?

Best regards,
The steps I do to pair are:

On the PS3 go to the menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Manage Bluetooth Devices.
Press Register New Device and Start Scanning

On the n810 I make sure bluetooth is on and open bluemaemo.

The PS3 will as to enter a key which i typed into the n810.
It then gives a message that they are now connected (the n810 just says "Connected to:", as in the ps3 does not have a name)

To use the most keys (including direction buttons) you have to be on the keyboard profile or assign them in the game controller.

To use the triangle button you have to be on the mouse profile.

The buttons are:
Triangle: Right mouse button
Square: backspace
Cross: enter
Circle: Escape (back button)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrogirl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
In Linux/Windows the FN key of the HW keyboard works fine.

BlueMaemo have a empty profile right now, probably I can make a Ps3 profile there
Ah, I was using the function key as I would normally with the n810. It does work when you are holding it down and pressing a key, like the shift key.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to astrogirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
This is a really great application!

But I miss the ability to bind keys that are not present on the tablet, e.g. F12.
I also don't like that tapping on the mouse area gets interpreted at a button press. It's too easy to accidentally click when you want to move the pointer.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
This is a really great application!

But I miss the ability to bind keys that are not present on the tablet, e.g. F12.
In progress...
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I also don't like that tapping on the mouse area gets interpreted at a button press. It's too easy to accidentally click when you want to move the pointer.
Other users love this functionality

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Im just waiting for the ability to connect directly from the PC instead of having to set up a connection from the tablet

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid