Hi there:

The latest version of the OS2007 HE (46-3) seems to have a bug where the regional settings are reset to English UK even if you selected say, English USA. When you try to set them back it tells you that its about to close down the apps and restart the tablet (a 770). When its about to do that it complains that "memory is full" and that "more free space is needed". This was also an issue with 45-3, but was not an issue with the first HE released.

on an related note, I tried posting a comment on maemo.org on this link:

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...on_bugfix.html

I opened an account on garage.maemo.org in order to chime in, but the username and password are not recognize and I can't post the comment.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Same here. But you can edit /etc/osso-af-init/locale and set it to
Code:
Nokia-770-36:/etc/osso-af-init# cat locale
#!/bin/sh
unset LC_ALL
unset LANGUAGE
export LANG=en_US
export LC_MESSAGES=en_US

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BanditRider For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much!!!! That did the trick. I was a bit scared at first being so rusty on my commands, but with a bit of research I got it and it works like a charm. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I really appreciate it.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
just checked the file on N800 and it is owned by user:users there but by root on 770. Maybe setting owner back to user should allow it to be changed from control panel too.
Code:
chown user /etc/osso-af-init/locale*
chgrp users /etc/osso-af-init/locale*
These are the only two files (locale,locale.orig) on my N800 in that directory which are not owned by root.

EDIT:
Tested and it works. Of course you need to be root to run those chmod and chgrp commands.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2008-01-08 at 21:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post: