Notices

hello again

ok my problem is still unsolved phone has been refashed around 15 times in last 24 hours and i am still having the same problem

flashing prosess is fine but still shows low memory with messages when trying to add bookmarks and anything to do with trying to save items.

I can not see any reason why this would be happening.

Phone is at full factory settings, nothing installed, nothing removed, no sd card, no mobile number nothing, and the phone still getting errors.

So any ideas before i send another phone back to nokia.

thanks

sorry forgot to add a reboot of my n900 solves this issue but only for 5 minutes

thanks

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Your Rootfs is full in my opinion.

hi guyes i made afresh install of n12_umay on emmc
but still cant send but can recieve messages
any ideas?
regards

Gentlemen. I've been lurking and reading up on this as my N900 is doing the same thing.

I've checked the rootfs directory, it is *not* full. I've reflashed both parts of my device but even with a fresh install it still does it. Not a single app or anything installed whatsoever. I'm up to about 20-30 reflashes over the last week and it's starting to drive me in-fkn-sane.

I've been using these:
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM

The phone seems quite strange. Some times it will work fine, all my sms's and IM's show up and can be displayed, then the phone will randomly reboot while I'm using it and start displaying the error message about free space needing to be made, once it starts doing this I cant access ANY SMS's or IM's, apps start crashing, some apps won't even load at all and crash the moment you open them. I can however see any new messages the instant they arrive and are show in the little pop up that we all see when getting new messages. It honestly seems like 2 phones in 1. lol.

Anyone have any ideas on how to sort this out? It's getting to the point where I'm going to just bin it and buy an Android, something I don't want to do since I've been using Nokia's ever since I was 15!

emmc damaged?

and eagle-eyes you need to use international prefixes. such as 44 for the UK

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
emmc damaged?
That's what I'm starting to think, but wouldn't a damaged emmc fail when flashing? It's flashes without any problems at all.

i cant even seem to uninstall any applications whatsoever :S

http://www.dhgate.com/new-dstti-ds-t...70de43d9e.html

I can confirm that rootfs being full isn't the only cause of this. I've started getting this in the past 48 hours.

I have 84.1MB (62% used) of my rootfs. My internal memory is also fine, lots available.

It's getting very frustrating. I'm losing text messages and the only way to read new text message is when it opens a window in the task manager. Once the message is read it disappears and some will randomly appear when I reboot the phone but in a jumbled up order in the conversations.

I think this is a hardware fault. I haven't made ANY changes to my N900 for months. This is a random occurring error. If you have any suggestions for me try, other than re-flashing (I'm not willing to do this), then let me know.

Many thanks,

Now I can't edit contacts nor will form data save in the browser. I guess my phone is b0rked? Is this covered by Nokia?