Poll: Do you miss your old phone???
Poll Options
Do you miss your old phone???

I do miss my e71 i have all my IM on it and none on my n900 beside skype & gt) and some other stuff that i loved in that phone.

I intended to continue using my e51 but have found the n900 copes with most of it's job pretty well. I intended to retire my n810, but I still need that for nav.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Old one was N96, and HELL NO! N900 is much much much (xINF) better than N96 and all other Symbian devices. But maybe i miss "say who's calling" feature, which makes life easier, but since its only a SW-related problem, I hope to see that feature soon.

No, I had a SonyE K800i but I don't make many calls and use my N900 for calendars (syncing with Memtoo and Outlook), mail and browsing.

A question you didn't ask - do I miss my PDA? Not really, I am even hardly using my Palm TX now. (I had to use both TX and the K800i before, the N900 replaces both)

Sometimes i miss my 5800 for the following reasons:
  • Battery Life
    Google Maps
    The ability to automatically connect and diconnect from email account
    The better music player (EQ and stuff, LCG Jukebox with sleeptimer)
    DB Railnavigator
    and some other stuff ic can't reme,ber right now because i have thrown myself into the n900

But to buy the N900 was a very good choice because these things or similiar ones will definetly come with time.

hell no, blackberry storm-nokia N900. no contest, i couldn't wait to see the back of the blackberry, and this phone sure took it's time in coming out, i love it, and wouldn't be without it, sure it's not perfect, mms is absent, minimal call features, finding my battery life sucks, even though i've tried some solutions posted on here. but, i've used mms about 3 times in my life, which is a lot of phones, my wife is basically the only one who calls me, i don't really miss portrait mode, so it's perfect for me!

Nope. My N96 never worked as promised. Had better GPS but even that was flakey with the ariel being on the back plate. Wifi was fricking useless.

Much prefer my N900 (espcially with Gpodder).

The Following User Says Thank You to wizbowes For This Useful Post:
My old, and sold N97 is not missed, neither are the near constant out of memory hassles it provided.

The Following User Says Thank You to bganga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Well i love N900 more and more every day!
But i love my e71 (which i gave to mi girlfriend) cos is just such a excelent phone got everything u ccan possibly want from phone.

Lucky me i bought N900 separatley from my contract (nokia preorder) so now i think at the end of february i have upgrade from vodafone uk so im gonna choose e72 as a secondary toy!!!

Originally Posted by Edsal View Post
I do miss my e71 i have all my IM on it and none on my n900 beside skype & gt) and some other stuff that i loved in that phone.
2nd this. I am coming from an e71 and it is still sitting on my desk as I am somewhat reluctant to setup the eBay auction for it. I don't see myself using both devices, but the e71 is such a great phone and I kind of feel like I am kicking out an old reliable friend. Rock-solid build quality, great form factor, stable, great keyboard, lots of apps, and AWESOME battery life. I decided to buy an n900 because I wanted something new with a touchscreen that was different than everything else, a better web browsing experience, and to be able to utilize t-mob 3g. I knew the n900 was going to be "quirky" and "high maintenance" before I bought it, which are some of the reasons I decided to buy. Still, after playing with my n900 for a few weeks, while I can say I am more than happy with it, I can also say that if I had to get stuck with the same phone for the rest of my life, I would have to lean more towards the e71. e71 is like a good reliable dog. the n900 is like a fussy housecat that always needs attention.