Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Im having a problem with saving my lists when I edit them. I make my categories and put items in then I open the menu, tap file, tap save (already have the list file saved on my external card) , but it seems sometimes it doesnt save the new data if I then close then open back up, cant figure out why it will save sometimes and not others. Have even tried saving as and just replacing the list every time, but I get the same mixed result. Is anyone else having problems witht their data being saved? What might I be doing wrong, if anything?

munky - sorry, by "cli args" I meant being able to specify the list on the command line. It's not there yet - I loaded Qt4.5 and that is causing other problems so I can't test reliably enough to do another release yet.

My advice: don't use Qt4.5 in extras-devel on the tablet yet unless you want to help list bugs.

As for the file/save thing. I have reported a bug in Qt4.4 and Qt4.5 which 'kills' the application before giving it a chance to save if you use the 'X' in the top left. I personally haven't been able to reproduce this; I will keep trying. Feel free to file bugs at https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?fu...=721&atid=2704 too.

Maybe you could send me a sample list and tell me what you can't save.

(Oh, one thing springs to mind - I suspect apostrophes or other XML like < or > anywhere in the list will kill it <blush>)

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
heh lbt, i had a problem with fullstops in usernames
are you hand coding the xml or using a library?
if its a library im surprised something like that could occur so think it might be a red herring and you worrying for nothing

That apostrophe thing makes sense, as a couple of notes have one and they have been the problem items it seems, but would that also cause it to delete the category it is in as well?

Looks like the apostrophes were the culprit apparently, just re entered all my items and left them out and seems to work fine at the moment. On a separate note, I showed this app to my 74 yr old grandmother an she wants my tablet when I get the new one whenever it comes out! LOL

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
numky261, your grandma is a technojunkie, and you misread what she said:

i want your NEW tablet when it comes out, don't palm off your old crap on me i demand opengl 3d rotated goodness for my shopping lists!

LOL...I have to admit it would be an amusing sight to see her trying to learn the tablet...one time we were leaving to go somewhere and she went to turn the tv of...stood there and clicked the button 5 or 6 times then i looked and said "granma, thats the phone not the remote" and her reply, was " well ****, they shouldnt look alike" LOL

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Wow. When I try to install, it states it needs 19 megs. That's a bit big don't you think?

bluesubaru : Shopper itself is only 100Kb.

But it needs Qt ... and that's just a tad larger

Worth it though

bluesubaru, I said the same thing, and now that ive gotten used to the app and how it works it is definitely worth it!

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post: