Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
fixed in 0.3-1maemo4
Works...

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Ace, thanks, highscore screen works fine for me now - I suspect this is now the end of me getting much done other than dune2 for the next week or so though...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ South Wales, UK
fixed in 0.3-1maemo4
Installed this version. Can't get it to skip the intro sequence, tried short and long taps on the screen (long taps pause the intro sequence for the duration of the tap, but nothing else), also tried every key.

Edit: Waited it out. Also found no way to enter numbers on the save game screen, and the first attempt to place a concrete slab alwas complains "cannot place foundation here" even though a second click in the same place places it just fine.

Last edited by Lum; 2010-06-04 at 22:32.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I noticed this too.
The game registers click before moving the mouse to new position, even though SDL layer first moves the mouse, then sends the click. Fixing this will be hard - it's in the original game code, not the DOS emulation layer.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I noticed this too.
The game registers click before moving the mouse to new position, even though SDL layer first moves the mouse, then sends the click. Fixing this will be hard - it's in the original game code, not the DOS emulation layer.
Couldn't one make the sdl layer forward only the move if a key, say ctrl, is held down when the screen is tapped or tap-dragged? Then you would have normally move+click, but only move with a certain key pressed.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Good idea.
In 0.3-1maemo5 you may Fn+Tap to move the mouse without clicking.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Read through the last few pages and no one else has mentioned. Program installs... then sits at 0% downloading data files... I assume there is a way around this?

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Read through the last few pages and no one else has mentioned. Program installs... then sits at 0% downloading data files... I assume there is a way around this?
Presumably wherever it downloads the data files was unavailable when you installed, or you had no active internet connection - give it a little while and try again, i've had no problems with it fetching the data files and i'm assuming no-one else has either from the lack of mention of problems.

Hi guys. Thanks for fixing the return/enter issue Smoku. I now get past the highscore inpjut screen at the end of level 1. Another problem arises now though - the security sequencde that asks me about armaments of different units doesnt seem to accept the answers. I suspect its because I cannot enter a capital letter and enter 'light' ,'medium' or 'heavy' instead of 'Light' 'Medium' and 'Heavy'. Has anyone else encountered this?

Originally Posted by nidO View Post
Presumably wherever it downloads the data files was unavailable when you installed, or you had no active internet connection - give it a little while and try again, i've had no problems with it fetching the data files and i'm assuming no-one else has either from the lack of mention of problems.
Tried about 2 dozen times over the space of 3 days, from home, from my 3G connection and from a McDonalds wifi.