Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by csaavedra View Post
Any clue on why the Sports Tracker website is not able to plot the route data from the gpx files generated by eCoach?
Are you talking about their website or their program? Because all maps have to be installed as plugins to their map.

This is not a big thing, but a "send via email" -button would be nice. It could just create a new email message using the user's default email account and add the selected workout (and perhaps a map screenshot) to it as an attachment. The point would be to save the user the trouble of doing it manually every time, as browsing the phone menu for the file(s) every time is a bit tedious. But as I said, it's not a big thing.

Also, I tried this HeiaHeia site as eCoach introduced support for it, but when I was trying to give eCoach the permission for HeiaHeia, it disallowed it instead. Maybe it's because I had to reload the page, or maybe I just misclicked. Anyway, can I somehow retry this permission thing? Now eCoach will just futilely try to upload workouts without permission and doesn't give an error message or anything. And there doesn't seem to be an option to manually allow it from the HeiaHeia account.

Last edited by Juhgu; 2010-05-18 at 18:55.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Juhgu View Post
This is not a big thing, but a "send via email" -button would be nice. It could just create a new email message using the user's default email account and add the selected workout (and perhaps a map screenshot) to it as an attachment. The point would be to save the user the trouble of doing it manually every time, as browsing the phone menu for the file(s) every time is a bit tedious. But as I said, it's not a big thing.

Also, I tried this HeiaHeia site as eCoach introduced support for it, but when I was trying to give eCoach the permission for HeiaHeia, it disallowed it instead. Maybe it's because I had to reload the page, or maybe I just misclicked. Anyway, can I somehow retry this permission thing? Now eCoach will just futilely try to upload workouts without permission and doesn't give an error message or anything. And there doesn't seem to be an option to manually allow it from the HeiaHeia account.
Send via email might be easy to implement, however i cant promise when or if I am going to implement it.

There is a bug on eCoach that can occur sometimes during the authorization, you can reset your authorization and retry by running these commands on commandline and then starting eCoach again.
gconftool -u /apps/ecoach/token
gconftool -u /apps/ecoach/token_secret

bug is here:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10115

I've just been using eCoach for a day or so, 1 thing I've not worked out how to do is name/re-name tracks. I cycle pretty much the same route each day, then different routes at the weekend, so being able to name them would be handy.

Can anyone advise what is the puropse of the FFWD/RWD (>> and <<) buttons in the activity log? they don't seem to do anything for me (I was hoping they'd let me scroll through each file, displaying its data without having to navigate to the file on disk each time ...)

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
There is a bug on eCoach that can occur sometimes during the authorization, you can reset your authorization and retry by running these commands on commandline and then starting eCoach again.
gconftool -u /apps/ecoach/token
gconftool -u /apps/ecoach/token_secret

bug is here:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10115
Thanks for the help! My HeiaHeia settings now show that eCoach has access to my account. I managed to upload one workout successfully, but no others. Whenever I try to upload something, eCoach just returns to the workout info with no error message of any kind, so I can't tell why the upload fails.

Originally Posted by Juhgu View Post
Thanks for the help! My HeiaHeia settings now show that eCoach has access to my account. I managed to upload one workout successfully, but no others. Whenever I try to upload something, eCoach just returns to the workout info with no error message of any kind, so I can't tell why the upload fails.
One thing that came to my mind is that are you trying to upload some old activities, recorded with older versions of eCoach? That doesnt work because from those files eCoach doesnt know which type of a sport it was and HeiaHeia requires that info.

I uploaded a new version of eCoach (1.62) to extras-testing. New version has fixes for HeiaHeia authorization and uploading.

Graphs are now below the stats in the activity log view, i hope this solves the usability problem

Last edited by sampppa; 2010-05-23 at 07:18.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hi,
at first i would like to mention that i like ecoach
its great to monitor sport activities.
but why can't i enter the name of a activity by selecting new activity
there are just preselected activities, from which i use just one.
I'm rowing and there are many types of boats, wihich I would choose as name for the activity. and inline skating isn't availible, too.
can it be changed?

dabozz

The Following User Says Thank You to dabozz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dabozz View Post
Hi,
at first i would like to mention that i like ecoach
its great to monitor sport activities.
but why can't i enter the name of a activity by selecting new activity
there are just preselected activities, from which i use just one.
I'm rowing and there are many types of boats, wihich I would choose as name for the activity. and inline skating isn't availible, too.
can it be changed?

dabozz
Hey
The reason for not allowing to enter the sports name anymore was because for uploading to HeiaHeia there must be some way to map the activity to specific sport type. I wanted uploading to be very easy and thats why sport type must be preselected so then user only needs one click to upload to service.

I can of course add more sport types to the list... HeiaHeia has aroud 130 different sports supported so i guess there is something for everyone