Notices

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
been there, done that, didn't work.

but now that MoNav supports street names, i am ready to switch.
takes some time to prepare a map, but
- routing is much faster
- much better
- interface is much easier to handle (most notably looking up street names when there's more than one street with the same name)
Well the biggest disadvantage I see when I look at http://monav.openstreetmap.de/ that the maps are all from 2011-04-20.
Using navit I can have a actual offline map every day when I like to.
Is there any possibility to get newer maps?

CU Michael

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It seems you'll have to build your own.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
[...]
I upgrade to the qt4 version in CSSU for the next build.
[...]
Rainer
I am facing trouble when I try to upgrade my scratchbox to CSSU:

Selecting previously deselected package gcc-4.6-base.
dpkg: regarding .../gcc-4.6-base_4.6.1-maemo6_armel.deb containing gcc-4.6-base:
package uses Breaks; not supported in this dpkg
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/gcc-4.6-base_4.6.1-maemo6_armel.deb (--unpack):
unsupported dependency problem - not installing gcc-4.6-base

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I have pulled down the latest bokomoko Navit release plus librsvg2-common which I didn't previously have installed, and downloaded arne.ankas configuration files from post #566, and I've gotten everything to work except actually displaying maps!

<!-- You can only have enabled only one mapset at time, but with as much maps enabled as you want -->

Well, in navit.xml, all mapsets are disabled except Mapset template for userdefined maps on n900 - i.e. maps.xml. So that's correct, right? And I want to be able to display Garmin maps, so in maps.xml I have put

<map type="garmin" enabled="yes" data="/path to my img"/>

and I have even set the Navit center coordinates in navit.xml to be in the middle of the map I'm trying to display. Still, I get nothing! What could be wrong...?

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
but now that MoNav supports street names, i am ready to switch.
BTW, do you have any info about the current state of the Monav project ? From their site on Google Code it looks like the last commit was in December 2011 and there seems to be no new activity since then...

I have a working scratchbox again, the problem was that the extras repository and cssu are incompatible. There are no cssu packages for x86, if that does not break the build process, you should soon see a navit version linked against libqt from CSSU.

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I have pulled down the latest bokomoko Navit release plus librsvg2-common which I didn't previously have installed, and downloaded arne.ankas configuration files from post #566, and I've gotten everything to work except actually displaying maps!
That is weired, I have no librsvg2-common installed

~ $ apt-cache policy librsvg2-common
librsvg2-common:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 2.26.0-1maemo1
Version table:
2.26.0-1maemo1 0
500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free Packages
2.26.0-1maemo0 0
~ $

and have no issue running navit (with the internal gui). For which gui did you configure navit?

I uploaded yesterday 5147 to bokomoko.de. It is built against libqt in CSSU. Can somebody please check, if that fixes the qml issues described in #564 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
That is weired, I have no librsvg2-common installed

and have no issue running navit (with the internal gui). For which gui did you configure navit?
I'm using the internal gui. librsvg2-2 and librsvg2-common are needed for icon display in main window. I didn't have the latter installed at first, and consequently had no way to navigate within the program.

I uploaded yesterday 5147 to bokomoko.de. It is built against libqt in CSSU. Can somebody please check, if that fixes the qml issues described in #564 ?
Thanks for the new build, but unfortunately no luck:
Code:
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap