Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Black screen / stuck on first frame on my device as well. DSP overclocked, SR off. With and without freemangordons 720p-packages.
Well I was having this problem to but it solved when I
1)install multiboot and try to start with official kernel (not boot without reason)
2) Now I boot with power kernel 49. I record video with normal highest resolutio (hmmm now records ok). Now I go to mediaplayer and all video works after i play the new recorder file.

I use 720:60:600.

The Following User Says Thank You to hadjistyllis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hadjistyllis View Post
Well I was having this problem to but it solved when I
1)install multiboot and try to start with official kernel (not boot without reason)
2) Now I boot with power kernel 49. I record video with normal highest resolutio (hmmm now records ok). Now I go to mediaplayer and all video works after i play the new recorder file.

I use 720:60:600.
60 is way too high for 720 MHz, will produce more heat and poorer bat life.

Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
60 is way too high for 720 MHz, will produce more heat and poorer bat life.
no 60 its ok. Lower sometimes crashes the phone. In revision 2204 we need more voltage for more stable n900. At 1000mhz voltage must be 68 and 950 64, unless reboot loop will come.

It depeneds on revision, the newer the more voltage we need.

How must "look" real HD on N900 with a carefully modified profiles, and settings ( like sharpnes, contrast, and bitrate )

How is "looking" right now...

This is simulated, ( first photo ) i made some phones like HTC Sensation record like a digital camera, just touching some settings, and increasing bitrate.

Any way, thanks and keep up the good work.

Resuming: With higher bitrates, and some sharpness reductions, can you make something good.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by hadjistyllis View Post
no 60 its ok. Lower sometimes crashes the phone. In revision 2204 we need more voltage for more stable n900. At 1000mhz voltage must be 68 and 950 64, unless reboot loop will come.

It depeneds on revision, the newer the more voltage we need.
I don't agree here...i've n900 with 2204 revision and running comfortably without any reboot loop at..
Code:
720:45,480
805:49,520
850:52,560
900:54,600
950:57,600

vdd1=0 and vdd2=0
P.S.. i seldom go above 850 MHz...these results i just remember from previous tests conducted to find out the most stable settings for the recently introduced pali's kp49 and freemangordon's hd work (for which i am highly thankful to them)...
and reboots are b'coz some devices cant handle higher dsp rates at lower frequencies imho (mine is 1 of 'em)

Last edited by knobby; 2011-12-18 at 18:38.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post
How must "look" real HD on N900 with a carefully modified profiles, and settings ( like sharpnes, contrast, and bitrate )

How is "looking" right now...

This is simulated, ( first photo ) i made some phones like HTC Sensation record like a digital camera, just touching some settings, and increasing bitrate.

Any way, thanks and keep up the good work.

Resuming: With higher bitrates, and some sharpness reductions, can you make something good.
Offtopic.. If u don't mind, may i know the place where these pictures were shot...looks very calm and nice...it reminds me of my farmhouse...i miss it..

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
Offtopic.. If u don't mind, may i know the place where these pictures were shot...looks very calm and nice...it reminds me of my farmhouse...i miss it..
This is from Spain

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Black screen / stuck on first frame on my device as well. DSP overclocked, SR off. With and without freemangordons 720p-packages.
Replying to myself:

I reflashed my device and restored a backup from 40 days ago using backupmenu. Builded system piece by piece to date and I have no idea what was causing problems. Although I did notice that if dsp is overclocked too much, same behaviour occurs.

Everything is good now with latest CSSU (testing), freemangordon's packages (for recording only) and speedpatch.
SR 1 & 2 enabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
I am not sure if this is even related to camera-ui2 however it seems like the most appropriate place to ask.

In a previous thread it was shown that if the file /etc/gdigicam/gdigicam.conf was altered to use 'jpegenc' instead of 'dspjpegenc' the quality parameter could be altered to change the level of jpeg compression. That is, it could be ramped up to 100 to create photos of ~3.5MB size instead of ~1.3MB. This is really cool. However, why does it not work with 'dspjpegenc'? Why does changing the value for quality have no effect when 'dspjpegenc' is selected?

It is a shame as dspjpegenc is definitely faster, photos take around half the time to appear in the gallery.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
just a question vi_
how to use dspjpegenc instead of jpegenc ? maybe gdigicam.conf is not read by dspjpegenc ?

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle