Notices

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
Failed!
Cannot parse JSON: gzip: short read /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Child returned status 1 /usr/bin/gnu/tar: *appinfo.json: Not found in archive /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Can you please tell what game did you try to install?
Usually each .ipk file contains appinfo.json file with game info. That error means that this file is not found in archive. I would like to check it. Feel free to send me a PM.

Everyone with error 'wgame is not found' - please, double check your repositories and update them. The program is definitely there, so the problem is on your side.

What about Preenv games already installed on the device, will it see them and be able to manage the keyboard hacks on them ?
Or a re-install of the games is required ?

Will it support management of games packaged as .deb ?
No and no.
It doesn't support heuristics about manually installed games. You need to uninstall them. Or - if you're really understand the process - you can edit /home/user/.config/PalmPre/Manager.conf file and mark that games as installed, and make sure you specify correct Bin and Data pathes.

The question about keyboard remapping is interesting - I was asked it already a few times. If it happens to be really requested feature I can add remapping keyboard feature.

The app shows only 23 games.
there are more then 50 games working.
how do you update the list?
To update the list you just need to create .ini file with game description (see examples in /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/ini), create image with game screenshot (450x150) and (optionally) postinstall script (again, see self-explanatory examples in /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/hacks). I will provide detailed description a bit later.
And if you put these files into /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo, the program will have a support for it. If you sure it does work, feel free to post your .ini here and I will add support to the next update.

Edit - A Launch Button with game info will be Nice (:
Sorry, but what for do we need Launch button, if there are desktop launchers in Application menu?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I think remapping is a really must-have.

It's not the same to use keyboard or GameGripper and there are also differences between keyboard layouts for different countries.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
just installed NFSU -> all working...cheers for this usefull app

Amazing application, thank you.
An idea to key mapping:

Just add at the default .desktop file one line like this

Exec=/usr/bin/com-gameloft-app-assassins && sh /home/user/MyDocs/assassin.sh

The Following User Says Thank You to Veleno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
also, the shortcuts for the games only appear in the 'ALL' application category (i'm using catorize) and it doesn't appear in the catorizeGUI to be shifted to games.. .also from the desktop, i can't seem to find the shortcut of the game to be put on the desktp

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
also, the shortcuts for the games only appear in the 'ALL' application category (i'm using catorize) and it doesn't appear in the catorizeGUI to be shifted to games.. .also from the desktop, i can't seem to find the shortcut of the game to be put on the desktp
Icons and .desktop files are placed under /home/user/.local directory. If you have latest Maemo5 update (I mean CSSU one), you should be able to put these shortcuts onto the desktop, There was a bug against it and it fixed since november 2010.
As for the catorize - seems it doesn't include ~/.local into it's search path. I will look further on this issue. For myself I use ApMeFo application - it doesn't sort icons automatically, but allows you to create custom folders.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
it`s seems that keyboard support is not working..the app will tell you what keys u need to use, but thay are not working in the game.
game tryied : Heroes of sparta and avatar

EDIT: I did not install libsdlpre.so for keyboard support, that may be the case

Last edited by MaDless; 2011-03-08 at 12:26. Reason: solution found

The Following User Says Thank You to MaDless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
CSome help pls!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Alb3rtO For This Useful Post:
so when new games are available does this mean we need to search for the .ipk? cant the ipk come with dowload sorry im a noobie

Great work with this App divan, you are going to make soooo many users happy with this

Installing this now and looking forward to trying it out.

Tags
easy to manage, games, lame idea, preenv, runs crappy