Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Sometime ago I came to my hometown. A friend of mine saw the black N9 with me I previously owned. To him, the beast clicked. He heard about it, feeling it and using it for the first time, he was very impressed by the looks of the phone.

Immediately said I want to buy this phone. Offered $200 but gave it to him at $235. The phone was used for a duration of 1.5 years. I myself had bought it in used condition.

The real situation kicked in after I Zeroized the device and gave it to him. I picked up a temporary phone for the sake of daily use. An Android to be specific.

I wanted to buy my next phone. I was considering ALL possibilities. I utter this with my gaze lowered that, I also considered Windows Phone to be among the possibilities. Lumia 820 and Google Nexus 4 were what was appealing to me.

Somehow, my heart couldn't tag along my mind.

Just saw an online vendor, N9's were availabe with the vendor, Brand new, and just for the price of $ 220 with vendor warranty. Ordered one. The prices went up again after I bought it.

And now I'm happily back to MeeGo after missing it very much for a few days. This work of amazing minds ain't leaving me now.

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to khan.orak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Congrats I hope you don't make the wrong choice and sell it again

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Congrats I hope you don't make the wrong choice and sell it again
yes. I learnt that it's not meant to be sold.

The Following User Says Thank You to khan.orak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
I would probably scour for a near-mint N9 myself should this one go out on me. congrats and welcome back

The Following User Says Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n0x View Post
I would probably scour for a near-mint N9 myself should this one go out on me. congrats and welcome back
I think it's still being sold in some countries as it is here.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You should never sell a phone. I don't like n9 when I bought but I like it more and more. Its not the best phone ever, in fact its pretty bad, but its a fun OS.

NEVER SELL TECH!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I love my N9 (well two N9s counting the white one I don't use).. but frankly... sometimes I just wish it had a better battery and a lot better wifi signal.
Plus a better speaker, a louder earpiece, a body that is not chipping off at edges.

I'm not talking about lack of apps because I knew that before buying it.

I tried couple of times to put my N9 on the sideline and started using again the N8 and the N900 as my primary daily phones...

I love all three of them. Basically my favorite phones (though I got to get an 808 someday) but the thing is I returned to my N9 with a lot of satisfaction. I missed it! I couldn't spend two days without it.

The swipe gesture has become a second nature and the feeling the device leaves you with when holding it, is priceless.

In terms of speed it has started to show its age. The desing (with all those Lumias around) is not as unique as it was in 2011.
But that Swipe flavour of Meego is fantastic.

I won't sell it of course.

ps: Another thing I love about it (as a music lover) is the great music player. Both in looks and audio quality performance.

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2013-03-22 at 16:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Never had battery issues myself, they still sell the n9 on Sweden for about 2000 sek , seen mostly black ones and a purple/pink demo ex. Best phone ever, tho I'm stick with a crappy carrier to December, if jolla have a decent phone I'll switch but i can imagne the swipe can be better... Hope they prove nee wrong tho.

(i average 14 hour battery , quite heavy use a day, if i don't keep opera running that is)

The N9 serves as a constant reminder of what could've been for me I've moved on to a 920 as the speed just can't compare, but so many features of the N9 I want incorporated into Windows Phone and it's not like it's not entirely feasible, like the feeds screen on the N9, windows phone needs that and brilliant way of managing social accounts/messaging. Hopefully wp8 gets more into the way N9 has it as well.

I've received offers for my N9 but I still have it, useful for sports radio that still runs on flash with no wp8 app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ynohtna For This Useful Post:
I am disappointed with the weak processor and the so-so battery life. But the offline GPS feature alone is worth the price. Before purchasing my N9, I bought life time update for my Garmin that has US and Europe maps. The total package costed ~$250. So essentially I am getting N9 the phone and the computer for free. BTW I just test-drove it in a trip to San Diego, CA--it worked. It will be handy when I travel abroad.

Tags
girlfriend, marriage, meego, the n9, unbreakmyheart, wedding