well i dont know exactly if there is a program that does this but when i miss a call or recieve a message,, on my home screen it will not show up (No Notification what so ever). for me to know if i actually recieved a notification is to click on the menu button on the top left corner where it will than show up as a yellow box.
is there a program that will allow the phone to tell me that i have recieved a message or missed a call without pressing the menu button?

It should show up as a tiny pop up before going into hiding and becoming the "menu button"

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
It should show up as a tiny pop up before going into hiding and becoming the "menu button"
I think he knows that as he says

for me to know if i actually recieved a notification is to click on the menu button on the top left corner where it will than show up as a yellow box.
I think he's more looking for an app/widget that will tell him on the desktop if there is a missed call or message.

The is a notify app (maenotify I think) that will show you missed calls and messages etc on the lock screen. You just have to press the power button to get to the unlock screen and you should see any missed calls etc.

Never tried it myself but from what I have read it seems to work okish. I dont know of any others though.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
How about the notification LED?

If you use "LED Pattern Editor" you can distinguish between calls, messages, etc.

Originally Posted by gordonshowers View Post
How about the notification LED?

If you use "LED Pattern Editor" you can distinguish between calls, messages, etc.
nop, my led doesn't blink or anything if i missed a call. its really strange. and like above, i believe i m looking for a app/widget which shows me on the homescreen that i have missed a call.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Yorkshire, UK
Have you checked 'settings / personalisation / notification light' to control whether theLED flashes blue for a missed call etc and you can be even cleverer with the pattern editor download.

Call notify is another good app that adds an icon near the battery symbol and you can set a repeat vibrate/sound every xx minutes too.

Hope that helps.

Sort of on topic, i was gonna brainstorm this but for some reason when i click forum tools i no longer get the option to create a new thread.
is there any way to get an audio notification as well as the little yellow symbol when an update is available?
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

how about a blinking SCREEN if locked??? i mean anylight u wish but use of whole screen !! but when its unlocked it will just show which calls u missed??!!

i guess this can be done

Originally Posted by imkihun View Post
well i dont know exactly if there is a program that does this but when i miss a call or recieve a message,, on my home screen it will not show up (No Notification what so ever). for me to know if i actually recieved a notification is to click on the menu button on the top left corner where it will than show up as a yellow box.
is there a program that will allow the phone to tell me that i have recieved a message or missed a call without pressing the menu button?
I think you want callnotify from the extras-devel repo. When you get a call or a message it shows a little icon in the applet bar and will also vibrate/alert on a set schedule.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Under PR1.2, if you lock your screen and then click the power button to display the "swipe to unlock" screen, it now shows icons and numbers for any and all missed calls, SMSs, and Voicemails.

This is pretty good for me and readable from only a glance instead of having to be on the desktop that a widget may be displaying the same info on, and certainly faster then clicking the "menu" button to look at the standard notifications.