I want to install android or meego on my N900 as a second OS. I know that I must open the keyboard in order to enter the dual boot method. I already have boot menu which requires opened keyboard. if I install a second OS, what will happen if I open the keyboard? will the boot menu load or the dual boot option and how can I choose between those two?

install multiboot that supports backupmenu and nitroid and whatever you want

btw u must search around before posting ..

Last edited by davdav; 2012-05-18 at 22:43.

thanks davdav. I searched for "dual boot and boot menu" that's why I didn't find anything.
one more question. should I uninstall boot menu and install multiboot only?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
hi p900
if you want nidroid then install multiboot and if you want meego install u-boot which is better because it loads and not flash as like multiboot finally if there is a conflict between boot menu and multiboot it is ok if you removed boot menu

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
hi p900
if you want nidroid then install multiboot and if you want meego install u-boot which is better because it loads and not flash as like multiboot finally if there is a conflict between boot menu and multiboot it is ok if you removed boot menu

./sifo
++

Multiboot may not flash kernels properly. U-boot loads them perfectly every time.

Don't worry, the additional time you take setting it up is worth saving time asking #maemo how do you only flash kernel from the rootfs image

thanks guys for the replies.
some more questions from a newbie.
I recently bought a 16gb micro sd class 6. do I have to set the full capacity when I install nitroid or I can select 8gb?
can I install both nitroid and meego wiht 8gb for each OS?
which should i use for this? multiboot or u-boot or something else?
if I cannot do that and I want to install nitroid just to check it for a few days, is it an easy process to uninstall it and install meego?

thanks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@q900
as you said you are a newbie and installing nitdoid and meego at the same time and making partitions wont be an easy thing for you so for now as you said just try nitdroid the easiest to do that is enabling extras-devel repository and installing nitdroid-installer from application manager of cours with a SDcard and there is a manual way too for nitdroid

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7