Active Topics

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana

Up it goes.
Flashed 1.2 with NSU and all is well except this. I was running the store I think and that might have screwed with installing this (even though nothing was installing IIRC.)
Each time I try now though, it just starts installing but says it is interrupted each time.
Does anyone know all the packages included with it? I know they're in /var/cache/apt and I think if I just delete them and try again, it should work.

If not, anybody have a better idea? Reboots also didn't work.

"FTR: After a factory reset of a N9 I got "Installatoin interrupted" errors when reactivating developer tools. Package "sdk-connectivity-tool" was broken. Fixed it by going to http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...an-beta2/free/ and installing from there packages develsh, openssh and meego-terminal. After a reboot I could use the meego terminal to "ssh root@localhost" and "apt-get reinstall sdk-connectiy-tool", after that enabling developer thru the GUI"

All credit goes to clbr on an IRC. http://mg.pov.lt/harmattan-irclog/%2...10-26.log.html

I ended up hard resetting thinking it since I couldn't seem to resolve some repo settings or something I guess.
Either way, I think I might have been successful if I had downloaded on the mobile network (like I did after the hard reset) and manually installing the apps like he said. I tried but it always said it couldn't get the dependencies.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
"FTR: After a factory reset of a N9 I got "Installatoin interrupted" errors when reactivating developer tools. Package "sdk-connectivity-tool" was broken. Fixed it by going to http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...an-beta2/free/ and installing from there packages develsh, openssh and meego-terminal. After a reboot I could use the meego terminal to "ssh root@localhost" and "apt-get reinstall sdk-connectiy-tool", after that enabling developer thru the GUI"

All credit goes to clbr on an IRC. http://mg.pov.lt/harmattan-irclog/%2...10-26.log.html

I ended up hard resetting thinking it since I couldn't seem to resolve some repo settings or something I guess.
Either way, I think I might have been successful if I had downloaded on the mobile network (like I did after the hard reset) and manually installing the apps like he said. I tried but it always said it couldn't get the dependencies.
hallo , I solved same problem now with a total flash (legay+mmc) but I'm sure that mmc flash is not strickly necessary

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
I had this problem after flashing phone including emmc.So I flashed it again and same problem.So I now cleared the device and flashed fully again.this time I decided to use gprs connection instead of my broadband and this time it worked!
I know it's an old thread but in case someone ends up here from Google as I did, this is what worked for me as well after installing PR 1.3 on my N950.

I couldn't enable developer mode - it always failed with the "installation package not found" error. Reflashed 3 times using different parameters to try and see if it would make a difference, to no avail.

Ended up setting up a 3G access point and connecting via 3G instead of wifi, and, lo and behold, it just worked! This is really weird as the wifi connection worked just fine for everything else on the device (and on every other device I have). And it's a 76Mb/s fibre optic connection from BT - nothing dodgy there.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
It's happened to me too many times..
I found 2 solutions for myself:
1. Like you, using 3g instead home network
2. Edit my home network by adding parameters in "Advanced setting", only iIP and DNS sections. And it started to work with wifi too.

It's weird, but after the last reflash it worked for me on wifi without this setting.. Can't explain why...

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Usually the reason is that devel-mode can only be enabled when you have set date to corrent one. Usually after reflash you have old date from factory image and most of the people forget to set the date/time before enabling devel mode. And if you enable 3G you usually get date/time automaticly updated from the operator and devel-mode install starts to work

Longer explanation: devel-mode package signature is 6 months newer than default date on factory image, and if you try to install it without setting the right date after reflash, you run into dpkg/aegis signature error, and UI just says not found
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-10-14 at 05:26.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I'm a newbie with this kind of tuning. I would like to test a new keyboard (an unfinished .deb file), but its installation fails (unlike the keyboards from Nokia Store). And the manual installation with terminal fails, because I cannot do it as a root: my N9 does not find su, sudo nor devel-su. Therefore, my quetion is: Are there any straightforward instructions of how to add all the additional files to N9 for operations as a superuser?
This looked promising:
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
"FTR: After a factory reset of a N9 I got "Installatoin interrupted" errors when reactivating developer tools. Package "sdk-connectivity-tool" was broken. Fixed it by going to http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...an-beta2/free/ and installing from there packages develsh, openssh and meego-terminal. After a reboot I could use the meego terminal to "ssh root@localhost" and "apt-get reinstall sdk-connectiy-tool", after that enabling developer thru the GUI" ... [/url]
... but the link does not work any more.

Last edited by Egon; 2013-10-14 at 12:46.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
2. Edit my home network by adding parameters in "Advanced setting", only iIP and DNS sections. And it started to work with wifi too.

It's weird, but after the last reflash it worked for me on wifi without this setting.. Can't explain why...
Hi,
would you more explain about what you've done in your home network? ADSL modem you mean? firewall rules you added? I'm somehow confused about what you wrote but have the same exact problem
Thanks a bunch

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post

Please I need your help...