Poll: How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?
Poll Options
How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Looks like we got on Slashdot - the article even links to this thread.

EDIT:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 262 (14 members and 248 guests)

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
It is a sad news but you should know how restrictive is China. It is actually harder than you expected to get billing support in China. So can't really blame Nokia.

Hi, All,

I'm new here--actually I've been browsing on this forum for some time, but decided to join because of the thread topic.

Yes, I am proudly Chinese Please allow to clarify a little bit on this issue as much as I possibly can...

Despite Nokia's decision as of today, billing/payment has always been an issue. Most people opt for carrier-billing for apps (for a variety of reasons...), but purchasing apps via carrier-billing is just such a pain_in_you_know_where--85% of the time it just doesn't go thru.

Therefore, lots of people have begun to resort to forums for downloads. And just to be fair to the posters sharing out those resources, they, most often than not, put a banner statement in a goodwill: "Download only if you cannot purchase from AppStore, we need to support the developers". Even for locally developed apps, such as this one

http://www.dospy.com/bbs/thread-15288208-1-464-1.html (feel free to use whatever-translation :-) )

Many people in China DO appreciate your time and efforts in the apps development for Meego/N9, including myself. Thank you !!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kitai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
It is a sad news but you should know how restrictive is China. It is actually harder than you expected to get billing support in China. So can't really blame Nokia.
Excuse me,
but I was getting a discreet ammount of money out of china!
Nokia billing did NOT seem to have any problems with that!
But still, THEY decided to shut it down! Withouth ANY reason other than "Due to an UPDATE on the store n9 blabla".

So yes, I can and I _will_ blame Nokia for disrupting my income.
Sorry, but Business is Business. if they had a proper reason to stop this, they would have mentioned it.

Nokia has become incredibly good at digging it's own grave. I am not going to help them stop this, since, frankly speaking, this is what it seems that they want.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2012-12-13 at 22:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ghaziabad, UP, India
In case there are some indian n9 users reading this, are any of you able to successfully buy paid apps from ovi store?

I have not been able to buy anything for quite some time.

p.s. it seems some Brazilian n9 users are also not able to buy anything from ovi store.

Originally Posted by abg1979 View Post
In case there are some indian n9 users reading this, are any of you able to successfully buy paid apps from ovi store?

I have not been able to buy anything for quite some time.

p.s. it seems some Brazilian n9 users are also not able to buy anything from ovi store.
Could this be related to

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...S/td-p/1196529

maybe??

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ghaziabad, UP, India
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Could this be related to

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...S/td-p/1196529

maybe??
No, not related. This is happening with the Indian version of Ovi Store. Also I can add cards successfully, but the store cannot charge the cards.

I wonder if Nokia is aware of the issue?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
@Nokia: --- no comment ---

This hurts, this really hurts. Badly!

My App DreamRemote has the biggest Download numbers in China. I don't know why. Perhaps they are all using "remakes" of the original hardware. The DreamBox receivers from the german company Dream-Multimedia is in fact very expensive. But however... the reasoning is not so important. The fact is, I got 873 Downloads for DreamRemote from China!
Each Download only 14ct revenue, but the biggest amount of money I got from any country! In comparsion, from the most countries the revenue has at my store statistics only a single digit.

Very weak Nokia, very weak!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Each Download only 14ct revenue, but the biggest amount of money I got from any country! In comparsion, from the most countries the revenue has at my store statistics only a single digit.
Very weak Nokia, very weak!
Exactly my point. I am pretty sure we are not the only ones too!

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

Tags
china, nokia n9, nokian9, nokiastore, ovistore, publishing