Notices

It says im missing some dependencies, and i have all maemo repos

the main one, maemo extras, and extras development

what am i missing? i am running diablo

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
The dependencies are almost the same as Canola or Carman have, for example you can easily install the base repository in this link: http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/install_second.html (.install for base rep in the second step).
I installed this repo, and looking in the catalog it shows that i get a 404 error.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Looks great, locked my PS3 up so I had to pull the plug.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Some Bluez version don't have hidd, you can use a graphical interface like kinputwizard (try to call it in a terminal).
Which distro are you using ?
Ubuntu Interprid Inex (Its in beta currently, but due out later this month).

Hmm.. found some info..

# This setting will switch HID devices (e.g mouse/keyboad) to HCI mode, that is
# you will have bluetooth functionality from your dongle instead of only HID.
# Note that not every bluetooth dongle is capable of switching back to HID
# mode, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=355497
HID2HCI_ENABLED=1
HID2HCI_UNDO=1
The new bluetooth system seems fine when connecting my cellphone, but I don't know how to make it to automatically reconnect my BT mouse after reboot. For previous version I had the "HIDD_ENABLED = 1" in file /etc/default/bluetooth and it just worked, but the new version of that file doesn't contain that line, pluse there is no more hidd command in the system.
~ dngpng (Ubuntu Forums)

Edit: Looks like it got removed for some reason...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-10-19 at 00:59.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Had to read this 4 times. Perhaps its the really good wine. If I understand correct with this application one can control a bluetooth-enabled device using the NIT's keyboard, touchscreen (or any other input device connected to the NIT). Seems pretty useful.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Had to read this 4 times. Perhaps its the really good wine. If I understand correct with this application one can control a bluetooth-enabled device using the NIT's keyboard, touchscreen (or any other input device connected to the NIT). Seems pretty useful.
Look at the video.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
The keymap screen seems to have problems mapping to keys like space and return...

I can't exactly control iTunes without play and pause being space...
Works well on rhythmbox though!

Also, it seems that it is NOT sending media keys (those little volume and play/pause keys on to of the keyboard). This is the best, because it works for almost all media players, even if they are in the background.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Hm. It wants:

efl-core
python2.5-efl-core
python2.5-ecore
python2.5-edbus
python2.5-evas
python2.5-edje

none of which are in the base catalog ("Nokia Catalog"), nor any of the following catalogs:

Nokia Catalog
Nokia Catalog (3rd party software)
Nokia System Software Updates
maemo Extras
Maemo Chinook
Maemo Extras (diablo)
Maemo hackers (chinook)
tschmidt

So, again, which repositories/catalogs are you pulling those from? (don't say "same as canola" -- I don't use canola, so that means nothing to me).

I would love to install it, test it on my macs, and such, but I need more to go on :-)

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Hm. It wants:

efl-core
python2.5-efl-core
python2.5-ecore
python2.5-edbus
python2.5-evas
python2.5-edje

none of which are in the base catalog ("Nokia Catalog"), nor any of the following catalogs:

Nokia Catalog
Nokia Catalog (3rd party software)
Nokia System Software Updates
maemo Extras
Maemo Chinook
Maemo Extras (diablo)
Maemo hackers (chinook)
tschmidt

So, again, which repositories/catalogs are you pulling those from? (don't say "same as canola" -- I don't use canola, so that means nothing to me).

I would love to install it, test it on my macs, and such, but I need more to go on :-)
I'm having the same problem, anyone got a solution? I think it might be the same repo as canola, but different distribution.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
efl was brought to the tablets BY the canola team, so canola is important. I would recommend installing canola just so it sorts out the dependency issues.

also, try apt-get... It might work better...

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid