Notices

Way to go... it can only get better than the current N9 one.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post

heh, so i dont really know how the internet works. where does one normally publicly post a file <1mb without bothering people with Premium Download Super Fast Unlimited Access ads?
try mediafire or google code project

A quick reminder to people asking for updates -- this is a community project which has always been looking for contributors. At this time it is indeed usable for quickly reading through some mail on a bus. If you'd like to help to make it better, please feel free to join us.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jkt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
is this project still alive?

git://anongit.kde.org/trojita

last commit was less than two weeks ago

commits for the last few months {jul,jun,may,apr,mar}={5, 65, 170, 41, 100}

Last edited by wolke; 2013-07-21 at 02:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
ok, but this is not specifically for harmattan is it?

i remember there was a binary with working viewing capabilities ...
just wondering if there has been any improvement to that lately

There's a lot of improvements which do benefit the Harmattan version. Most of them are under the hood, like better tolerance to certain slightly broken IMAP servers, etc. There were no substantial improvements to the QML interface in a few months.

I tend to push the binaries every now and then to http://jkt.flaska.net/n950/ . The version numbers in there do not match for technical reasons, e.g. the "0.3.93" actually corresponds to a later git snapshot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jkt View Post
There's a lot of improvements which do benefit the Harmattan version. Most of them are under the hood, like better tolerance to certain slightly broken IMAP servers, etc. There were no substantial improvements to the QML interface in a few months.

I tend to push the binaries every now and then to http://jkt.flaska.net/n950/ . The version numbers in there do not match for technical reasons, e.g. the "0.3.93" actually corresponds to a later git snapshot.
0.3.93 crashes for me, printing this error when loading an imap.gmail.com account:
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Imap::ParseError'
  what():  getUInt: not a number when parsing this:
* OK Gimap ready for requests from ##.###.###.### bl2if2489377vec.69
  ^ here (offset 2)
where ##.###.###.### is my external ip address

this happen only on successful connection and authentication; getting the wrong password or authentication method hangs. also, the ssh certification prompt shows up before the bug happens.

it also happens on another gmail account of mine.

also, i cant get trojita to compile for harmattan on scratchbox, presumably because cmake on sbox doesnt have automoc and im apparently writing the macros wrong. {i use sbox because i can never quite get the harmattan qtsdk, qemu, and madde to work all at the same time, and sbox always just works}.
if you have any advice for what i might do to be able to compile it from source on sbox, id appreciate it.

forgot to mention that 0.3.92 works fine

Looks like I managed to upload a miscompiled .deb -- sorry for that, it was a rather long debugging session until very early morning hours. Fixed now. (You are using the .debs from http://jkt.flaska.net/n950/ , right? If not, congratulations -- your toolchain is broken as it apparenty botched exception handling -- been there, welcome to the club.)

As for the build setup, I'm afraid I cannot help here. Instructions for building are in the README.harmattan file and if you need to build in some other way, you are completely on your own. Patches welcome as long as they don't break the build for me. FYI, you only need the Qt, Madde and toolchain, definitely not the qemu simulator --that one stopped working long ago, according to upstream.