BlueStacks' NEW Android App Player for PC. Run android apps on Windows PC. Soon you'll also be able to run android apps on Mac.
http://bluestacks.com/

Did anyone heard about this app??!!!
I am playing around with it right now, just want share with you guys I rope this is helpful!!!
Share you thoughts, ideas, and suggestions

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B-RUNO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I'm sorry, but i have fully featured applications (instead of "apps") on my desktops and workstations; for Linux and Windows likewise. Even "better" (long-term fascinating) games. Why should i invest time and resources in running mobile-oriented stuff that is often crippled in functionality? (And too often spies on you)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I'm sorry, but i have fully featured applications (instead of "apps") on my desktops and workstations; for Linux and Windows likewise. Even "better" (long-term fascinating) games. Why should i invest time and resources in running mobile-oriented stuff that is often crippled in functionality? (And too often spies on you)
I must say that I agree with you, but think on this way if you look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4P4K-QqOPE you can see that services available only for mobile phones can be available for Pc as well, this is only a simple example I cant say much because I'm not to in the Android stuff, what I'm really rope is that they do the same for Linux subsequently we can bring to n900 as well so we can enjoy maemo even more!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Hah, it seems even webOS is getting this kind of stuff now, where we won't (and i don't care, if i would "need" ICS, i would myself getting a cheap ZTE).

OpenMobile seems to invest also for Windows and generic Linux, but as always it needs a device maker to do so.

But regarding your mentioning of enabling access to services for mobile devices:they are usually that: for mobile. That means the devices are not lugged around but held in (usually one) hand. Even laptops are not really "mobile", your beefy machine at home/the office is excluded anyway.

It was the same with HP's plans to use webOS on their desktops. I don't want crippled / dumbed-down finger-oriented interfaces on machines that are powerful enough to accommodate enough features, not "easyness".

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-03-28 at 08:54.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
In case we decide to be more constructive here, sounds it feasable to run bluestacks using wine on a linux machine? it so, could it be a cheap alien davik replacement for n900?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I am on it for a while, wanted to try new Angry Birds Space game, that's it

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
whatsapp and viber work on my work's computer using bluestacks too. it uses a cloud like system so you can sync your account/settings in different computers. it might be worth testing on a linux computer if it runs using wine. i doubt it, but is worth checking it. we might be closer then to android apps running on maemo/meego if succesful.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by jecargo22 View Post
In case we decide to be more constructive here, sounds it feasable to run bluestacks using wine on a linux machine? it so, could it be a cheap alien davik replacement for n900?
No. Not at all. WINE (or to give it its full name Wine Is Not an Emulator) is not as its name says an emulator. The N900 has an ARM cpu in and Bluestacks looks to be closed source and built for x86, so it won't run without emulation and with emulation it would be too slow to be usable. So even if it does work under WINE on desktop Linux, it won't mean anything for the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: