Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
I can only go on N9 vs N8, cos i've never managed to get my hands on an 808, but they use the same Belle.

N8 was an amazing camera hands down.

N9 is a pleasure to use, to type on, to be social on, hands down.

I've reloaded my old N8 with stuff for my brother, i'm going to post it to him in a few days, once i put together a DVD full of stuff for him, etc.

I could not go back to the N8 from the N9. Even if photos are noisy in low light.

Take that however you will.

The Following User Says Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
Here's a few sample photos for the OP:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...9DE940F173!134
Those shots look really good! Definitely not a slouch!

Just to be clear, I'm currently using a Nokia C5-03. However, I do consider myself to be a tad tech savvy (if we were to rank it, intermediate). I've no problem with tinkering a phone to my needs.

The social aspects aren't a must for me. I don't use Twitter, and sparingly use Facebook.

A bummer about the Whatsapp app

I also thought of Jolla possibly running on the N9, though I don't know about the likelihood of that happening.

And thanks for the replies so far!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enerqy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, Wazapp is rather stable lately. The only bigger issue left is the registration I think, which can be easily done from another device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enerqy View Post
Those shots look really good! Definitely not a slouch!
Thanks. I quite like the camera in N9. It has the best camera by far out of all Android/WP cameras I have tried so far. Great picture quality and great camera app in itself with good options.

Here's my favorite image from this summer that I have captured with my phone (unedited straight from camera):

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
for the sake of completeness...
Nokia 808 PureView set to get future improvements and updates
guess N9 will depend upon this community to stay up to date

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Lovely picture, and i agree with camera quality. But i gotto say though i hate the jerk/pause in the recorded video once in a while.
Thanks. I quite like the camera in N9. It has the best camera by far out of all Android/WP cameras I have tried so far. Great picture quality and great camera app in itself with good options.

Here's my favorite image from this summer that I have captured with my phone (unedited straight from camera):

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
I think the N9 is a joy to type on because of the fantastic virtual keyboard. Way better than any other virtual keyboard I have ever used because of both haptic and sound feedback both when you press and release the keys.
I think the lumia 900 kicks N9 but when it comes to typing. So nice and easy to type on the Lumia with the larger spaced out keyboard and nice key boundaries.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I believe Gerbick's summary of both was quite different to that, I never did get the 900 (beyond loaning for a while), came close.
Anyway before I derail it further, focus of this thread is 808 Versus N9....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-23 at 08:10.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Lovely picture, and i agree with camera quality. But i gotto say though i hate the jerk/pause in the recorded video once in a while.
I think the jerkyness is because you have Faster N9 installed? I believe that makes video recording a bit laggy.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
the macros shots of the N9 are outstanding.
destroying even the N8 in that department.