Notices

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Settings does not exist yet; this is planned though (including switches for fahrenheit/celcius, miles/kilometers, and settings for power usage vs response time). This should be coming in a future update.
Even doing this via a config file would be great as an interim measure. Fahrenheit is completely unintelligible to me, unfortunately (though I can still grok miles... we're an odd mix here in Britain).

Also, would it be possible to add a 'Cancel' keyword? I keep setting alarms for random times accidentally, being able to undo them would be awesome.

Great work so far though!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Does Saera learn my speech pattern and pronounciation?
And is a 'Saera, what can you do?' implemented, like a help with all available commands?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Even doing this via a config file would be great as an interim measure. Fahrenheit is completely unintelligible to me, unfortunately (though I can still grok miles... we're an odd mix here in Britain).

Also, would it be possible to add a 'Cancel' keyword? I keep setting alarms for random times accidentally, being able to undo them would be awesome.

Great work so far though!
I'm working on a config file for the next release.

There is a 'Cancel' keyword but at the moment it only cancels navigation - I will add the ability to cancel other things.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen
Does Saera learn my speech pattern and pronounciation?
And is a 'Saera, what can you do?' implemented, like a help with all available commands?
Saera is currently running off a fixed voice model - the software I am using is almost certainly capable of rebuilding a custom model, but I do not know how to do that yet.

The latter is not implemented yet, but that is a good idea, and I will add it to the next release.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
New release uploaded to OpenRepos. This should fix errors for people who do not have Jolla Core apps installed, or do not have any accounts in them.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
New release uploaded to OpenRepos. This should fix errors for people who do not have Jolla Core apps installed, or do not have any accounts in them.
hi taixzo,

thx again. But for me and also the comments on openrepos this problem is still present:

Connecting to pyjulius server
ERROR: Error in loading model

Since you released the first public version for sfos no version worked for me. Hope it will be fixed in the next update.

Best wishes from my side

The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Originally Posted by carepack View Post
hi taixzo,

thx again. But for me and also the comments on openrepos this problem is still present:

Since you released the first public version for sfos no version worked for me. Hope it will be fixed in the next update.

Best wishes from my side
I had similar issues for most releases, but another problem arose with my Jolla and I had to factory reset. After doing that, Saera works fine for me. Not a good work around, but it worked for me

Hey Taixzo, Thank You for hardwork. However, unfortunately for me, after few reformat and installation, it's still not working for me. It's always the same problem for me, stuck at the "intializing speech recognition". I had install espeak and portaudio, but it never work for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to arthurhkt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by carepack View Post
Same here. After removing (commenting out) line 138 from /usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/pyjulius/core.py the app finally starts but now it looks like nothing is working. Also log tells
NameError: name 'saera2' is not defined
and other errors that seem to be connected to saera2 now.

The Following User Says Thank You to V10lator For This Useful Post:
New release will be on its way in a few days. No fix yet for everyone with broken speech models, but I am improving the way Saera stores logs so I can get more useful error reports.
Also, I realized that, if every night you tell Saera "Wake me at eight thirty", you will end up after a few weeks with dozens of alarms set for 8:30. So now Saera cleans up these alarms after they go off (but only the ones she sets).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Saera v2.2 is released to OpenRepos!

Changes:
  • Saera cleans up after her own alarms
  • Config file added (in /home/nemo/.config/saera/setting.json)
  • Support for Internet sources for voice recognition added - currently only Wit.ai has been implemented. This is DISABLED BY DEFAULT to preserve user privacy; to enable it, set internet_voice to true in the config. It will only use internet voice if wifi is connected, as it uses a lot of data.
  • Saera will now mute the audio of any currently-playing music while listening, to improve recognition accuracy.
  • Help has been added - ask Saera "Help" or "What can I say" and she will give you a list of suggestions.
  • Fixed navigation
  • Fixed handling of contractions ("What's", "who's" etc.)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text