Active Topics

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
There is a GUI-like application called htop which is pretty decent. (GUI-like here means that it runs in a terminal, but allows you to use the mouse on a PC, so I assume you can use the stylus on Maemo. I don't own a Maemo device yet unfortunately ) It allows you to see what process uses most of the CPU time and memory and kill them. However Flandry is right in saying that you should be careful and not be killing arbitrary processes.

Last edited by gidoca; 2010-02-13 at 18:00.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
@Flandry:
I didn't find this process in "top" neither in "ps aux|grep npviewer.bin".

Are you sure adobe flash and my browser (firefox) are 2 different processes so I can kill flash keeping ff?
I don't know how your system setup does it but that's the way it seems to work on my kubuntu box and a 1 minute google of npviewer.bin suggests that is indeed the way it should work.

Maybe you installed a different flash implementation?

This is not really on topic for a Maemo thread so that's all i'm going to say about it.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
not only flash games even if you install new apps especially from devel-repository

Tags
battery drain, bug, flash, fremantle, game, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in, warning, web browser, zombie