Notices

Rebooted the device again and now it's working again Oo

Great player =)

OK, so I tried the additional suggestions and saw nothing but unexpected results. I decided I'd uninstall Mappero (had to uninstall Mappero to remove the others), Extra Decoders and OGG Support using the uninstall App. Manager GUI. I then reinstalled all three (including the latest updated OGG Support version) and problem gone. Someplayer and Symfonie both working well now with the latest OGG update.

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-05-17 at 02:56.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Just installed this for the first time, when i play any song its like the song is all sped up and skippy.. any ideas on that? i have cssu, i have kernel 47 and overclocked to ideal 850Mhz

lucas777,
Follow the instructions from GreatGonzo on the previous page or my instructions directly above your question if you prefer to repair things using a graphical user interface. I would recomend you plug your device into external power as it is quite a power drain to add and remove the "Extra Decoders" (at least it in my case it was).

David

Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
OK, so I tried the additional suggestions and saw nothing but unexpected results. I decided I'd uninstall Mappero (had to uninstall Mappero to remove the others), Extra Decoders and OGG Support using the uninstall App. Manager GUI. I then reinstalled all three (including the latest updated OGG Support version) and problem gone. Someplayer and Symfonie both working well now with the latest OGG update.
Can you check if you can change your alarm ringtone without it crashing please?

Bigmac_hk,
I assume by "Alarm Ringtone" you mean the alarm feature inside "Clocks & Alarms". I can only use the 3 factory options, not add my own or else "Internal Error. Application 'Clocks' cllosed".

David

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
I love someplayer, it shits over all else. However, a small request...

Can someplayer be controlled by the headset button? Just a simple start/pause would make this software complete.

What do you think of this somebody?

can you load a save playlist from the standard Media Player in SomePlayer and vice versa?

Will a way to select a song easier be implemented, maybe something similar to the phone application when selecting a contact, or maybe using the qwerty keyboard.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Having tested this awesome application for a few months now, here's my feedback:

Positives: Great UI, love the searching tool (especially since I have lots of songs) and it is overall a great app to use in portrait mode. In fact, I set it to portrait mode only all the time. Nothing very jabby or choppy about the UI and it's overall very easy to use.

Negatives/Suggestions:
1. I realized that when it is set to rotate landscape/portrait, the audio will be affected unlike the default media player where rotation does not affect the audio playing.

2. Also, when a notification (IM or SMS) appears, unlike the short tone sound and audio keeps on playing without interference, the audio actually stops for the ORIGINAL IM or SMS tone and then continues later after the tone has finished. I honestly prefer the default version where there is a short tone and audio is unaffected at all.

Hopefully these things help somebody.
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer