Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
you could just download the deb for speedpatch and unpack it and examine the scripts.
That's exactly what I am doing, examining and testing the scripts from karam's battery patch, I just love this try 'nd test stuff

Done pming the gurus
waiting 12%

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
The easiest way to understand which dbus signals are send is to install openssh, to login via ssh terminal on your desktop to your n900 and to execute

dbus-monitor --system

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Ready to install:
Place CPUTweak.sh.txt and CPUTweak.tar in ./MyDocs
Code:
root
apt-get install dbus-scripts
sh /home/user/MyDocs/CPUTweak.sh.txt
NOTE: The frequency set here is starving at 250 500 while idle, and 500 1150 ideal when on usage.

BE CAREFUL: IF YOU THINK/KNOW THAT YOUR N900 CAN'T SURVIVE THESE SETTINGS, BE SURE TO EDIT THE FREQUENCIES IN /usr/local/bin/overclock and underclock FILES, OR WELCOME A REBOOT LOOP

This is really a brilliant idea GigaByte, wonder why I've never thought aboout it, using dbus-scripts for a noble act like this is really intelligent, bravo

-UPDATE-
I added the effective vfs cache pressure trick into this patch, gives far even better battery life.

Updated archive attached.

-UPDATE2-
Usage of process SIGSTOP to pause greedy processes from running in the background.

Updated archive attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CPUTweak.sh.txt (482 Bytes, 408 views)
File Type: tar CPUTweak.tar (6.5 KB, 321 views)
File Type: txt Untweak.sh.txt (280 Bytes, 215 views)

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-09-05 at 13:53.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Wow! It worked! Itworkeditworkedit Worked!!
Thanks!

Just reboot, and lock the device once and unlock it, the script is active!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GigaByte For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GigaByte View Post
Wow! It worked! Itworkeditworkedit Worked!!
Thanks!

Just reboot, and lock the device once and unlock it, the script is active!!
Lol, glad for you...
You didn't include dbus-scripts-session in /etc/event.d, so the patch won't autostart.
It is a great idea BTW.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey is this gonna save more battery on standby? and what else is the benefit of using this? and starving profile will be normal right on idle? it wont mess up with incoming texts n calls right? and can u tell how to change the active frequency/ profile to the custom-karam one in the battery patch plus tweaks thread by karam? with sr enabled and all his profile settings? thanks

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey if i already have the vfs cache pressure trick from karam, then it wont go away right if i use the normal version of the tweaks, not the trick one

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Ready to install:
Place CPUTweak.sh.txt and CPUTweak.tar in ./MyDocs
Code:
root
apt-get install dbus-scripts
sh /home/user/MyDocs/CPUTweak.sh.txt
NOTE: The frequency set here is starving at 250 500 while idle, and 500 1150 ideal when on usage.

BE CAREFUL: IF YOU THINK/KNOW THAT YOUR N900 CAN'T SURVIVE THESE SETTINGS, BE SURE TO EDIT THE FREQUENCIES IN /usr/local/bin/overclock and underclock FILES, OR WELCOME A REBOOT LOOP

This is really a brilliant idea GigaByte, wonder why I've never thought aboout it, using dbus-scripts for a noble act like this is really intelligent, bravo

updated
i am using Karam's profile -custom-karam...should i change the profile to default or keep this profile and apply the patch..can anyone suggest me which profile is the best for saving battery. i am using kernel power 47