Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you want a Magenta N9 16gb from Mexico, it'll be only via Telcel it seems. Cyan 16gb, Black 16gb and 64gb are via regular channels and stores.

I'm sorta ticked that my friend told me today that he had yet to send the Black 16gb from Mexico - it slipped his mind (he's getting married, so I can't get too upset). Funny how well I can actually curse in Spanish when pushed... didn't know I still had it in me. Weirdest news is that October 17th was an internal date, no set date - they're pointing to Halloween as the official date now - for a full release. Telcel will have some graphic on the lock screen - that's the new rumor (boo).

I'll talk to my Egyptian "bro" - funny, the dude in Mexico is also my "bro", I taught him Photoshop like a decade ago, now he's a damn creative director - who's in Dubai tomorrow to find out more.

Seems like all of the colors are available, but 64gb ones are hard(er) to find. I'll get the particulars to all tomorrow on this one. And my earlier price does include shipping...

Thought I owed you guys an update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Can't wait to see Gerbick with a N9. That will be epic
Dude. Just imagine if I'm underwhelmed. Or worse... I declare WP7 better.

I'm on a one-man mission to Espoo if that happens.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm sure thats the case. We will see you Will go berserk.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Dude. Just imagine if I'm underwhelmed. Or worse... I declare WP7 better.

I'm on a one-man mission to Espoo if that happens.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I'm sure thats the case. We will see you Will go berserk.
Seriously? But YOU'RE Chuck Norris.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
If you want a Magenta N9 16gb from Mexico, it'll be only via Telcel it seems. Cyan 16gb, Black 16gb and 64gb are via regular channels and stores.

I'm sorta ticked that my friend told me today that he had yet to send the Black 16gb from Mexico - it slipped his mind (he's getting married, so I can't get too upset). Funny how well I can actually curse in Spanish when pushed... didn't know I still had it in me. Weirdest news is that October 17th was an internal date, no set date - they're pointing to Halloween as the official date now - for a full release. Telcel will have some graphic on the lock screen - that's the new rumor (boo).

I'll talk to my Egyptian "bro" - funny, the dude in Mexico is also my "bro", I taught him Photoshop like a decade ago, now he's a damn creative director - who's in Dubai tomorrow to find out more.

Seems like all of the colors are available, but 64gb ones are hard(er) to find. I'll get the particulars to all tomorrow on this one. And my earlier price does include shipping...

Can you add me to your list. Looking for n9 64gb.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
@Gerbick ? Any updates ? Getting antsy over here....

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010

Epa hombre, que pass con Mexico! I do want N9, I do, I do. Just spoke to my lover who has family in Dubai. Will see if she can get it to me. But keep on the Mexico list. Cyan would be great, although other colors are fine too. thanks, bro. You are a REAL amigo.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
where in pennsylvania are you located

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
where in pennsylvania are you located
Philly

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Sorry for responding somewhat late. Had to unplug a bit.

The purchasing process through Mexico seems to be the easier way to go. I mean, totally easy.

I do have one on the way from Dubai finally - got the information on shipment today actually. But I'm waiting to see what happens with the N9 from there as well. Any tariffs, anything. Our last dry run, I had to pay something extra for customs. They had opened it, inspected it, stated that it was worth a lot more than we had put on the customs label.

I found a way to dispute it, but we're seeing what happens if we're more honest this time... we'll see.

Black 16gb is somewhat available, but only through his means it seems. Not in stores. Magenta went to Telcel, he's seen a few Cyan ones. No 64gb's in site or being stashed in stock.

Tomorrow is the "soft launch" - the 17th - and he's going to report what's available to me then.

Dubai, the 16gb and 64gb Black are fully available in Black. Cyan and Magenta 16gb are available 2499 AED - which is about 680 USD. I don't like that price, but he's fellows with the shop owner. Bulk pricing is available, we just have to hit a magic number.

I'm finding his capability to fill out orders now.

I don't have a lot of concrete to report - no damn N9 in my box yet - but the above is all I have for right now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop