Notices

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
All of a sudden mine no longer works, fails to login, unknown error, I'm using vodacom south africa on N9. Uninstalled and installed no luck, deleted and added account again.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
Originally Posted by blubbi View Post
I'll quote myself:
When I go to this link I get some sort of coding. What do I do with it and how do I transfer this to my phone?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
sam9953, go to that link, then click on source tree. and then download master as tar.gz.

that will give you an archive with all the files. open it with winrar and extract the file that bjoern has mentioned and place it in you n900 and the mentioned place.

I am opn mobile and cant help you further. hunt around for a bit and you'll find it

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
sam9953, go to that link, then click on source tree. and then download master as tar.gz.

that will give you an archive with all the files. open it with winrar and extract the file that bjoern has mentioned and place it in you n900 and the mentioned place.

I am opn mobile and cant help you further. hunt around for a bit and you'll find it
Way to complicated.
Go tho the link and simply click on "Raw blob data" and a download dialog will pop-up for the file.

No need to fetch the entire program.

Cheers,
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
All of a sudden mine no longer works, fails to login, unknown error, I'm using vodacom south africa on N9. Uninstalled and installed no luck, deleted and added account again.
This does not belong here!
Go here for help:
http://web2sms.olausson.de/tickets

Cheers,
Bjoern

I placed the raw blob data in the www2sms folder in my N900 and after doing it the program gets stuck at 'login' on 33%. Pretty much the same like previously.

Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
I placed the raw blob data in the www2sms folder in my N900 and after doing it the program gets stuck at 'login' on 33%. Pretty much the same like previously.
What plug-in version is displayed on the lower right in www2sms?
If it is not 1.2.6 than you did something wrong.

Since I have to guess:
Did you rename the file to www2sms_providers_web.py?

Please downlaod the file again since I fixed a bug which prevents the new file to be loaded.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Originally Posted by blubbi View Post
What plug-in version is displayed on the lower right in www2sms?
If it is not 1.2.6 than you did something wrong.

Since I have to guess:
Did you rename the file to www2sms_providers_web.py?

Please downlaod the file again since I fixed a bug which prevents the new file to be loaded.

Cheers,
Bjoern
On the right hand side it says 1.2.6 and yes I did rename the file to www2sms_providers_web.py. I have download the new file and now that when I click the send button it says "login failed". It says so even though I have put the correct username and password.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
ok, I tried as well and no dice for me either. BTW, this is what I get when I run from xterm
Code:
/opt/www2sms $ python www2sms.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/www2sms/www2sms.py", line 482, in on_send_clicked
    STATUS, MSG = provider.sendSMS(self, app, NUMBER, self.SMSTEXT, LOGIN, PASSWORD)
  File "/home/user/MyDocs/www2sms/www2sms_providers_web.py", line 1278, in sendSMS
    To = NUMBERS[0]["number"]
NameError: global name 'NUMBERS' is not defined

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Yes, the NUMBER variable is a simple string not a dictionary like in web2sms for the Harmattan.

This is fixed now.
Downlaod the latest code and test it.

Since the NUMBERS error can only occure after the login, I can see that the login works.

I also tested it with my phone now and the login from ejasmudar. It works and I got the correct error message (wrong mobile number because the mobile number was a German one)

To sum it up:
It should work now. Please report back.

Cheers,
Bjoern