Something has recently happened to my N9. I installed PR1.2 a the day it came out so not releated to the software upgrade. A few days ago my N9 just stopped bwing able to download an emails - I have uninstalled all the latest apps I installed and tried deleting my email accounts and re entering the info again. All to no luck. The N9 is recognising that I have a gmail account but no emails are being downloaded.

Anyone help/had this problem before?

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
I noticed that after PR1.2 there are times when the N9 fails to download news emails. Says it can't log in, but then it works right away if I do it manually.

Even if I do it manually, its not working.

I had that issue at one point, I ended up removing the Extra Accounts Plugins, the developer apparently ended development for that too, so if you end up removing it, you have to go here. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81423

I think I ended up removing it, remove your email accounts, recreate the email accounts, then install the Extra Account Plugins again. Then recreate your accounts that used it.

Of course this is assuming you installed that. No clue if this is the same issue or not.

slaapliedje

Didnt install that either! Thanks though. Might have to do a flash.

Not good Nokia.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I can't download an e-mail with a 2 MB attachment on 2g network. Same problem?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Mine actually crashed yesterday in the middle of a txt msg. Screen went blank, no date/time/nothing. Pressed the button numerous times and double tapped screen.

Finally it came back to life but I ultimately had to re-boot three times to get it remove the lag with everything. Then no emails.

Mucking around I realized the crash turned off all my background connections and everything else. I changed settings, rebooted, and its been fine ever since.

I never had a single crash on the device with PR1.1.

Anyone know how to delete/clean out all emails somehow? Removing the email accounts via the accounts section seems to work, but when re adding the old accounts the old emails all appear to be still in the phone.

I think this is creating an issue in backup - I cant backup my phone as it never stops trying to backup - then when looking in the root - the backup files created are massive, as a result of a massive email backup file..

Anyone help?

Me too I can't download them anymore. I have many accounts boring if I have to recreate them. I tried with one but still same problem. How can be possible a bug so important.. Helpppp

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Something has recently happened to my N9. I installed PR1.2 a the day it came out so not releated to the software upgrade. A few days ago my N9 just stopped bwing able to download an emails - I have uninstalled all the latest apps I installed and tried deleting my email accounts and re entering the info again. All to no luck. The N9 is recognising that I have a gmail account but no emails are being downloaded.

Anyone help/had this problem before?
This exact issue has happened to me and from what it sounds like within the same time frame. After attempting many various methods, such as restoring original settings, deleting my accounts, various apps, i finally went nuclear and did a full os re-install. It worked and my mail was behaving normally. I started the annoying task of redownloading my apps and for some reason this morning the problem has returned. It must be app related. Do you have n9 tweaks, gtalk? We should try and isolate the app with some detective work.