Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Until Apple invent 4" phones later this year, then Samsung and everyone else will make them. I can't wait for Apple to invent phones with hardware keyboards.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Until Apple invent 4" phones later this year, then Samsung and everyone else will make them. I can't wait for Apple to invent phones with hardware keyboards.
So true, everyone will be amazed at how much luxurious neo-traditional feedback feels, typing on glass will seem absurd in no time

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Haha...you guys have totally lost it. The big screen devices is not a marketing stunt. Its pure quality until next step in screen evolution...foldable screens?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
ITs just that they won't sell as much since it's actually nicer to watch movies, browse the web or work with mails, or read books on a bigger screen.
Think I'm not one of the hip, geeky and techy guys any more :-(
A smartphone comes handy on the road for doing all the things you mentioned but I still see it as a phone in first place - I'm using it between office and home and ... for the quick mail answer, quick news update, sms, having a look on a document that can't wait to be reviewed till I'm on a computer or tablet and often for navigation and as a camera but very rare for YouTube or a movie ... It's cool to have a little device in the pocket that can do nearly everthing a computer can do on the road - but I don't (I really don't ) want to carry a tablet sized brick in my pocket all the time ... But I'm old, so maybe I just don't get the point ...

For movies I prefer a real big screen (still going to cinemas though ;-) ) for reading an ebook reader and for real work on documents a notebook with a hardware keyboard (a tablet might do but not a 7inch)

From the people around me 40% like 5" plus devices, 40% want nothing bigger then 4.5, 10% don't care as long they get a hardware keyboard and 10% are still happy with their K800i or even a 3210 ;-)

Oh and btw: why this discussion in the never-ending-tablet-thread ;-)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That is a valid question. Who derailed the thread?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That is a valid question. Who derailed the thread?
Can't make myslf free from the blame

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I guess there is plenty to do in the OS to save power.
Totally. Locusf and others are doing an amazing job!
It was fun to experiment but not practical for actual use.

And now the rerail attempt.
My wife demanded from me to supply her a tablet within the next month. She will visit some congress style events and does not want to take her laptop.
I actually talked her into throwing another 80$ over to yoybuy and order from a 1888yuan seller that others have tried succesfully when the price was still lower.
Lets see if he has stock, Yoybuy staff will propably get back to work in the next 2 hours and push my order through.
Fingers crossed.

Edit: The one linked above pulled the "out of stock" card...
Trying with Han-yi Telepohne again how asked for 80$ more last time.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-09 at 10:58.

Just in case anyone has forgotten what a real crowdfunding scam looks like https://motherboard.vice.com/read/cr...ole-is-a-mess?

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I just bought an old HP Pre3 and I must admit that I am quite impressed. Compared to the N900, it lacks an extendable memory and a stylus (and a terminal ATM) but on the other Hand, Web OS is quite nice.

As far as I am aware, Palm/HP Pre phones are the only devices that combine a good, one hand usable touch OS (and a screen size supporting one-handed use) with a HW Keyboard in a meaningful way.

In fact, my wife, my mother-in-law and others now want a Pre phone because they are so much easier to use than their Android phone. I tried to talk them away, because otherwise I had to provide all the support that is no more available from HP.

There IS a market for these devices and it is really the question who will be the first to serve this market.

Back on-Topic: Didn't Jolla mention a surprise for those backers not served?

What about a phone with HW Keyboard, Stylus and 4" screen, running SFOS?

Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
Back on-Topic: Didn't Jolla mention a surprise for those backers not served?

What about a phone with HW Keyboard, Stylus and 4" screen, running SFOS?
What about a Unicorn! or a Helicarrier! or Timetravel!

Continually pining over an n900 style device is starting to get a bit sad guys

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund