Notices

1) Connect to a WiFi network, start TweeGo and login.
2) Move away from the WiFi network
Now TweeGo tries to connect to a network again and it won't stop until it finds a network.

Except for this It's a grate program. Thanks.

Last edited by Nicks; 2010-04-23 at 11:07.

Is there a way to autologin, so I dont need to press login every time starting the app.

Tweego is a very promising app. Many of us have high expectations; however, I don't see any actual updates in the repos despite my understanding that you are actively develping this, Is that right? Is it perhaps that you are not updating until PR1.2 comes out?!

Thanks!

I've got a little problem: Since I've installed Opera Mobile 10 beta, TweeGo is opening the pages in Opera and not MicroB like before. Other apps like mauku are still using the standard browser.
Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it ?
Or is it a browser issue ?

Problem fixes. Just needed to close Opera xD

Bug?; SHIFT+CTRL for symbol keys does not give any input when a symbol is selected in either text fields (user or password).

Hello,

Sorry for the long time without any answer or new codes in gitorious but now we're doing some tests to optimize the app and you'll see some new code in our repos in the following weeks!

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
rodavelino, is there a way to compile the source from gitorious right on n900? or maybe you can make nighty builds for testers?
You can actually download the code from the gitorious repos, the link is in the first page. In order to compile the code in n900 (without the need to install the scratchbox in a PC) you need to download the dev packages from extras-devel repos but I believe that they were removed. Also you have to download some packages from the sdk repos, the ones that come in scratchbox. But be aware that the compiling in n900 is very slow (like 60s for the biggest files in tweego, like the views and backend).

Originally Posted by deans6571 View Post
.....I've also been using this app as my main Twitter app and its great!!
However, there is one thing that I think its seriously missing, and that is automatic updates. Is it possible to add this so that it can auto update (even in the background) so that we don't have to keep hitting 'update' all the time to see the latest tweets....?! (I'm currently trying out an alternative Twitter app - Mauku, which does exactly this. I have it in the background and as it auto updates, I can just switch to it whenever I want to check the latest news without constantly hitting the update button.)
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Is there a way to autologin, so I dont need to press login every time starting the app.
Actually, this is next step that we're gonna take. We were talking about a preference button where you can set the time for auto-update among other things, like auto-login and how many tweets you want to download in the timeline.

Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
1) Connect to a WiFi network, start TweeGo and login.
2) Move away from the WiFi network
Now TweeGo tries to connect to a network again and it won't stop until it finds a network.

Except for this It's a grate program. Thanks.
Thanks for the bug report, we didn't know that this was happening. This being a serious bug we'll try to fix it for the next release.

Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
Tweego is a very promising app. Many of us have high expectations; however, I don't see any actual updates in the repos despite my understanding that you are actively develping this, Is that right? Is it perhaps that you are not updating until PR1.2 comes out?!

Thanks!
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Bug?; SHIFT+CTRL for symbol keys does not give any input when a symbol is selected in either text fields (user or password).
Yes, we're still developing! This last weeks we were trying to fix some bug like the virtual keyboard, the connection with 3G network, special symbol and some others but we believe that the next firmware may help solve some of this problem. As soon as the release of the new firmware we're going take some time to take a closer look in this bugs and correct them.

Thank you all for the bug reports and the compliment to Tweego! We're working really hard to make improve Tweego and your comments are very important to make this happen!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
Great to hear!
It would be nice to see TweeGo in extras-devel soon now with PR1.2

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
tweego is back \o/ we have missed you.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Is there a way to download TweetGo without the extra qt4.6 lib and core packages? Now that we have PR1.2 we don't need them anymore i guess.

Tags
tweego, twitter