Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
7.4m? Even Yulong (who?) did more than that.... lol, lol, lol

Have they even recovered the marketing budget yet? lol, lol, lol

Series40+J2ME v Android? You've got to be kidding, right? lol, lol, lol

Oh, that Stephen Elop's full of wit... lol, lol, lol

It's so funny I'll bet the tens of thousands of people who've lost their jobs through his treachery are p1551ng their pants right now... lol, lol, lol
Ah so you are another one of those loser coders that couldnt get Symbian and Maemo out of its destined demise. And then you pisss all over current man who is producing far better phones that NOKIA did without him. Wake up bud, the landscape changed, series40 was a dinosaur that was destined to die, the competition was never as bad as it is now, and losers like you could not compete.

Anybody who thinks Elop's plan was successful is deluding themselves. His "plan" was to show an increase in smartphone and midrange shipments especially in the US as he kept emphasizing and not have a situation where it becomes a race to the bottom. His plan was to get handsets out quicker and have hardware that is not held back by the software, yet it took years for them to shift pureview. He was worried that there will only be one Meego device in 2011 yet they struggled and released one WP device in 2011 anyway. He kept mentioning how their brand is deteriorating and that it's time to take action.

What has happened is in fact the complete opposite what he wanted. He saw handset sales decline everywhere (including the US). He saw continued brand deterioration especially in China, Europe and the US. He still has India and Finland though. All Elop has done is pull the wool over some people's eyes with branding. He groups his range as "Lumia" so as to mask the highend with the lowend because highend really hasn't increased all that much, they really are no better than the N8, N9's of yesteryear, he keeps talking about record increase in Lumia sales but doesn't mention he is only replacing Symbians, S40s in regions he already had a foothold in. While seeing his handset shipments actually decline year after year.

This is the graph of what they expected to happen

this is actually what happened.

Handset sales continued to decline contrary to a stupidly optimistic forecast of an increase for no reason other than by adopting an OS that wasn't really popular to begin with.

Last edited by Cue; 2013-07-19 at 20:54.

Switching to a totally new platform they increased their sales by 24%. I say that is a positive sign. That said, the competition is ferocious. There has never been so much competition as today. The NOKIA of yesterday, would have no chance in the current competitive environment. Elop is keeping them alive.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
series40 was a dinosaur that was destined to die, the competition was never as bad as it is now, and losers like you could not compete.
Series 40+J2ME was destined to die (to be replaced by Meltemi+Qt) it was Elop who saved it.
Yet another catastrophic blunder that will cost NOKIA a large fortune.

And then you pisss all over current man who is producing far better phones that NOKIA did without him.
There's no dispute NOKIA are producing much better hardware now, it's a completely different league to the 5800, 5230, etc... So now stop and ask yourself this question: "Why isn't it selling?"

Windows Phones aren't selling well, Windows 8 tablets aren't selling well, very few people want Windows 8 on their PC. Do you see a pattern here?

Put MeeGo, Sailfish, Symbian, Android, WebOS or Ubuntu on a Lumia and I'd snap it up. Windows Phone is NOKIA's problem, to use an expression made famous by Charles Sax-Coburg Gotha: "It's like a wart on the face of a much loved friend".

Switching to a totally new platform they increased their sales by 24%. I say that is a positive sign. That said, the competition is ferocious. There has never been so much competition as today. The NOKIA of yesterday, would have no chance in the current competitive environment. Elop is keeping them alive.
Lumiaman, I don't think you understood at all.
Sales are DOWN 24%. They're not even meeting the revised lower forecasts.

http://news.sky.com/story/1117370/no...t-three-months

Don't try and mince words like Elop. When you say "they increased their sales by 24%" do you actually mean Nokia sales decreased substantially but this new "brand", that we are now selling to past Nokia customers in given regions who were buying our phones regardless has increased because we have essentially rebranded our phone lineup to make it seem like sales are on the rise or related to the OS when in fact we are continuing to lose customers and brand recognition.

Look at the numbers, sales decreased year over year.

Switching to a totally new platform they increased their sales by 24%.
That simply hasn't happened, NOKIA's sales are a tiny fraction of what they were.

That said, the competition is ferocious. There has never been so much competition as today. The NOKIA of yesterday, would have no chance in the current competitive environment. Elop is keeping them alive.
Elop claimed the reason he didn't go Android was because he didn't want to compete with Samsung. The NOKIA of yesterday was never so feeble and cowardly, it competed with Samsung head on and won. Elop's a pathetic little Jessie cowering in a dark corner that he thinks Sammy isn't interested in.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Series 40+J2ME was destined to die (to be replaced by Meltemi+Qt) it was Elop who saved it.
Yet another catastrophic blunder that will cost NOKIA a large fortune.

There's no dispute NOKIA are producing much better hardware now, it's a completely different league to the 5800, 5230, etc... So now stop and ask yourself this question: "Why isn't it selling?"

Windows Phones aren't selling well, Windows 8 tablets aren't selling well, very few people want Windows 8 on their PC. Do you see a pattern here?

Put MeeGo, Sailfish, Symbian, Android, WebOS or Ubuntu on a Lumia and I'd snap it up. Windows Phone is NOKIA's problem, to use an expression made famous by Charles Sax-Coburg Gotha: "It's like a wart on the face of a much loved friend".
Maybe Android, forget Meego, Sailfish, or Symbian. I don't think you get it either. The sales of LUMIAs have increased and all the other garbage has appropriately decreased. It's transition time. I guess they could have gone with Android, but they be: me too crowd with everyone else. With WP they feel they can differentiate better. Again, the competition is brutal and NOKIA of yesterday could not compete. They had no response to iphone or Android and they couldn't code good stuff in house. Hence WP

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The funny thing is that we don't know how nokia would looked without ELOP, Microsoft and Windows. Don't take for granted that this would have looked/ended better. If you like to discuss that you should discuss every single decision along the way...

What if...Nokia would have continued with Meego and symbian until today?

What if...Nokia bought Google, Samsung, Apple when they were tiny?

What if...Fredrik Idestam never had been born?

Pointless because you can't be right since it's impossible to know stuff that didn't happened.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-19 at 15:55.

I wished they stop making all the garbage and completely focus on what is growing:LUMIAs

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I wished they stop making all the garbage and completely focus on what is growing:LUMIAs
I don't like Lumias, I think you are the only one but I'm trying not to compare with things that didn't happen or is non existing. You are only here to provoke, that's not better.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha