Notices

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by heiwid View Post
Hello,

i do have the impression that the switchboard does not seem to work with microb on PR 1.2. - but it works with "opera %s" as other browser.

just microb only works, when switchboard is not installed. otherwise it only shows up for about 10 sec. then vanishes.
I can confirm this and made a bug entry:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1159&atid=4348

Me on twitter

Originally Posted by heiwid View Post
Hello,

i do have the impression that the switchboard does not seem to work with microb on PR 1.2. - but it works with "opera %s" as other browser.

just microb only works, when switchboard is not installed. otherwise it only shows up for about 10 sec. then vanishes.
Sigh. Yay for depending on undocumented behaviors.

Okay, I'll hopefully have some time to play with a PR1.2-based SDK later this week, but in the meantime, could someone running PR1.2 final do the following:

From a shell on a freshly-restarted device, do the following ($ is your prompt, not something you type):
Code:
$ killall browser-switchboard
$ browser-switchboard
Then try to launch MicroB, and provide the output from browser-switchboard running in the shell.

(If you have a syslogd running on your device, you can also get the same output via syslog by setting logging = "syslog" in your Browser Switchboard config file.)

EDIT: When reporting, can you also provide the full firmware version (from the about screen in the control panel, should be something looking like "10.2010.19-1"), and the output from running
Code:
$ uname -a
in a shell on the device.

Last edited by steven676; 2010-05-28 at 00:21.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I can launch MicroB no problem. Opera is not installed but Firefox is and is set as default. Have PR1.2 installed via OTA.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
I can launch MicroB no problem. Opera is not installed but Firefox is and is set as default. Have PR1.2 installed via OTA.
Okay, that's two votes for "it doesn't work" (with one saying, bizarrely, that the browser appears for ~10 seconds before disappearing) and one for "it does".

Any other Browser Switchboard users on Maemo 5 PR1.2 want to weigh in?

Also, If you're having problems, please look at this post and try to provide the information requested there.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Okay, that's two votes for "it doesn't work" (with one saying, bizarrely, that the browser appears for ~10 seconds before disappearing) and one for "it does".

Any other Browser Switchboard users on Maemo 5 PR1.2 want to weigh in?

Also, If you're having problems, please look at this post and try to provide the information requested there.
Okay, I have done this. After restarting and then the killall command (retunred message is that no process is killed and then launching browser-switchboard from the terminal it gives what seems to be normal startup messages ending with:

'starting main loop'

I then try to run MicroB from the menu and MicroB looks like it is starting for a few seconds and disappears (if I change browser-switchboard settings to use MicroB there is no visual indication that MicroB is trying to start when selecting a bookmark). Anyway the next messages in the terminal are:

'launch_microb with url 'new window'
Illegal instruction'

and then the prompt returns

Hope that helps.
Fred

The Following User Says Thank You to ffarber For This Useful Post:
Worked right for me for about a day and then I noticed I couldn't open any browser. They would all start and then stop. So I uninstalled switchboard, uninstalled, opera, etc. Then after reboot I could browse with microb again.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
after installing this microb closes after a few seconds, or would open a blank unresponsive webpage even tho its set to open bookmarks as the homepage, removed it and problem is gone, i have fennec, opera, and chromium installed but i only really use microb.
on an awesomely working, freshly flashed pr1.2 device

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Okay, can the people experiencing problems on Fremantle PR1.2 please upgrade to the attached package (download it onto your device and install it using the application manager) and tell me if the problem still occurs?
Attached Files
File Type: deb browser-switchboard_3.2-1fremantle2~test1_armel.deb (21.4 KB, 114 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Okay, can the people experiencing problems on Fremantle PR1.2 please upgrade to the attached package (download it onto your device and install it using the application manager) and tell me if the problem still occurs?
This fixes it. Using this version everything works like in PR 1.1.1.

Thank you

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
This works for me: MicroB no longer crashes on startup, and selecting Web launches Opera correctly (that's what I have it configured to).

Btw, explicit support for Opera would be great :-).

The Following User Says Thank You to paour For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera