Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Kingston Jamaica
theres a new update...???

I noticed right away navigation across the n900 has increased in speed. Browsing websites has just become even better. Hopefully the update they are predicting to come at the end of February will keep these things in mind and not slow down the OS when moving forward. I am so looking forward to this Meego transition what does that do to Maemo 6? I wonder if Meego and Maemo 6 will be backward compatible to N900 once this is all said and done.

I am not big on touchscreens but the n900 though bulky gives you the option of both touch and qwerty keyboard. I know the future will bring on better touch screens etc but make faster and better phone for us users who still have faith in the qwerty keyboard. Thats my blurb!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Girona, Spain
Lucky Backup Option!!

I managed to get enough free memory to install the update after uninstall some devel programs.
I made the update and after this the first reboot the mobile keeps rebooting constantly.

Finally I have to reflash the OS via Linux and the image.

I was a lucky man because I think about to made a backup and now I'm reinstalling all the application and all the other things are working.

if i change my update catalog from /205 to global one will it work i.e update without issues?

available in mid-east but i have the not enough memory error .. disabling the catalogs now... how do i check my rootfs

Hi, in UK on vodafone network but with unlocked phone, waiting along with many others for the update. I was just wondering though if there was any difference between the uk firmware and the uk vodafone variant firmware? I'm currently using the uk firmware and not the vodafone variant and wonder if this is the best option or if there would be any network specific updates that i might need or indeed if switching to the vodafone variant would put limitations on the device. Finally... will my device simply update with the standard uk firmware as this is the currently installed version or will my phone recognise the vodafone sim and try to update the vodafone variant? Questions, questions, questions I know.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
what is meego BTW?
"too early to say."

Originally Posted by aldevil View Post
available in mid-east but i have the not enough memory error .. disabling the catalogs now... how do i check my rootfs
df -h on a terminal

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
if i change my update catalog from /205 to global one will it work i.e update without issues?
No. The core package (which is used to tie together the updates) is different dependent on the firmware variant, so changing the update catalog will just result in you not getting any further OS updates.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Just ran the Mirror program to see if there are any changes with the front facing camera, it looks smoother, not by much, a possible improvement for front facing came integration with skype we keep hearing about??? Going to try some video call tests, gmail video chat wouldnt work from macs, going to try that first...have to wait for friends with macs on the west coast to wake up though, so if anyone beats me to it, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update