Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Nice illustration for people who think they 'could care less', when they likely mean... couldn't care less

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
No bid deal, they simply may want to push everything through they sales partners such as Amazon or Dell and others as the partners can offer discounts but usually companies themselves dont.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
No bid deal, they simply may want to push everything through they sales partners such as Amazon or Dell and others as the partners can offer discounts but usually companies themselves dont.
I think they simply want to outsource any issues related to support/returning of devices to the operators. That way they share the liabilities.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
i dont know, that expression has never made sense to me
That's because he mis-spoke the expression, "I couldn't care less" (implying that you care so little that there is no room to care any less).

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
As usual, something has been lost in translation as the phrase travelled west across the Atlantic
I'm in the US and I can tell you that it's not a translation problem related to coming into the US. It's still being incorrectly used and, as you pointed out, a corruption of the phrase. My guess is that people who didn't understand the phrase to start with mis-spoke it repeatedly enough to make it "sound" right amongst themselves and their friends despite the lost meaning.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-07-01 at 05:42.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I do miss the brick and mortar Nokia store on 5th Ave in NY. It didn't do much commerce but I bought my N800 there and you could try out a lot of devices. I tried an N900 there pre release. One distinct thing I remember about it was there was never any American customers in it always foreigners lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
I do miss the brick and mortar Nokia store on 5th Ave in NY. It didn't do much commerce but I bought my N800 there and you could try out a lot of devices. I tried an N900 there pre release. One distinct thing I remember about it was there was never any American customers in it always foreigners lol.
I liked being able to walk into CompUSA to get mine and knowing I could return it to that same store if I had to. What a damned shame. The only two places you could get an N800 and they're BOTH gone-gone-gone. If you see any CompUSA stores anymore, they were bought by Tigerdirect and they're now their outlet stores--gone is the actual CompUSA that we knew (maybe liked, maybe hated... but either way, gone).

Coincidence? I'm joking of course. Kidding. Kidding.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR