Notices

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
same problem here with cuteqml.searches just fine then when I try to play a video it stays on the loading icon for a few seconds and then diverts back to the related videos.This is with the cutetube player.Same with the media player.However with the mplayer it plays but it`s really slow (about 1fps).

update: made it work....i uninstalled two programs (xtube and fm-boost).Don`t know if fm-boost is related but now I can watch the videos just fine.The only problem is xtube button is still visible under the menu even after uninstallation.How do I manually delete the icon?

update 2: nope...it still does it.the first video i load is fine...then on the second attempt the video is either loading up twice and have an ecco audio signal or does not load at all and reverts back to the related video.any solution?Same thing with the 1.4.4 non qml version.

Thanks

Last edited by sophocha; 2013-02-26 at 07:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
same problem here with cuteqml.searches just fine then when I try to play a video it stays on the loading icon for a few seconds and then diverts back to the related videos.This is with the cutetube player.Same with the media player.However with the mplayer it plays but it`s really slow (about 1fps).

update: made it work....i uninstalled two programs (xtube and fm-boost).Don`t know if fm-boost is related but now I can watch the videos just fine.The only problem is xtube button is still visible under the menu even after uninstallation.How do I manually delete the icon?

update 2: nope...it still does it.the first video i load is fine...then on the second attempt the video is either loading up twice and have an ecco audio signal or does not load at all and reverts back to the related video.any solution?Same thing with the 1.4.4 non qml version.

Thanks
Didn't work...

CuteTube and CutuTube-QML both don't work for me now either! Nothing plays and give connection error like others. Now I uninstalled it and unable to reinstall as extras-devel and extras-testing repos are not working currently! :*(

Download .deb from link ob the first page and install via double-click in File Manager or as root in terminal via dpkg -i.

Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
CuteTube and CutuTube-QML both don't work for me now either! Nothing plays and give connection error like others. Now I uninstalled it and unable to reinstall as extras-devel and extras-testing repos are not working currently! :*(
For the repos problem there's a guide telling how to add temporary locations in the Community thread.
The temp repos replace the originals while they get migrated. The CuteTube-QML in there is an old version though. The latest can be found in the link in the very first post of this thread.

Originally Posted by carlos2005 View Post
Download .deb from link ob the first page and install via double-click in File Manager or as root in terminal via dpkg -i.
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that link, guess it was too late and I was kinda tired. Anyways, before it was not working for me even with reinstalling and then realized I should remove the config files, which fixed it! Works like a dream now, with amazing playback quality and speed!

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
For the repos problem there's a guide telling how to add temporary locations in the Community thread.
The temp repos replace the originals while they get migrated. The CuteTube-QML in there is an old version though. The latest can be found in the link in the very first post of this thread.
Thanks man! Really appreciate it the help. Cutetube QML works great now after removing old config files. Also, I did see that temp repo setup post, will do it later.

Had an email from Marxian today. Updates for CuteTube and CuteTube-QML are on the way.
The problems uploading files to the repos is making things a little more time consuming.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Had an email from Marxian today. Updates for CuteTube and CuteTube-QML are on the way.
The problems uploading files to the repos is making things a little more time consuming.
Thank You.
can't wait

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that link, guess it was too late and I was kinda tired. Anyways, before it was not working for me even with reinstalling and then realized I should remove the config files, which fixed it! Works like a dream now, with amazing playback quality and speed!
Hi,

Can u tell me where is that config files which needed to be removed.I have a problem where my cutetube QML crashes every time i try to download.Just want to try if it fixes the prblm.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube