Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Did you try with USB3? I had problem with it. Try with USB2.
Thanks that fixed it. Now it is unlocked...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
and that nonsense really should stop. I mean, USB 3 is more than a decade all...... Most new laptops come with just USB 3.1. On the other hand, most phones are still USB 2 and data transfer works on USB 3 but for anything over ADB you need USB 2.
But hey...... we have 4k disply on 6" And we have USB-C port. Which came out 10 year after USB 3 was introduced. But we are using it just for USB 2. effing *****s. It's not just SONY.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Cant decide if I should sell the damn phone or not. I just bought it cause of sick of ugly pace of **** android. However I ****ing need the bankid and it does not work on sailfishos even after instal google service . You have to signup for bankid using QR code and have google service installed but also the camera must work. But it seems bankid just freezing when try activate the camera. Any one seen similar issues with android apps using camera?

The only must have android apps I need work is bankid and swish and postnord. Non of them works. :/

I am damn suprised that the banks ar so f.. dumb and expect everyone to have a google play enabled phone or IOS to pay their bills. This should be something EU should do something about!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
It's not the same for every bank. Now I have (still) stock XZ2 but before that I had moto x play with custom ROM (AOSP extended), so, rooted, no sign of google on it (I was using f-droid and yalp) and my app which I mostly used just to get an authentication code and then the rest in the browser was working just fine. And bank is part of intensa sanpaolo group so not something small and local.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I am damn suprised that the banks ar so f.. dumb and expect everyone to have a google play enabled phone or IOS to pay their bills. This should be something EU should do something about!!!
I totally agree with this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I totally agree with this.
So do I.

Just received a letter from a bank telling me they need to enable two-method authentication for log-in. Talking always about password and 'app'. This two-method log-in (two out of three) being a new EU regulation coming into force in autumn 2019!??

Seems we all will be cursed soon(TM).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So do I.

Just received a letter from a bank telling me they need to enable two-method authentication for log-in. Talking always about password and 'app'. This two-method log-in (two out of three) being a new EU regulation coming into force in autumn 2019!??

Seems we all will be cursed soon(TM).
It can be done in different ways. Via app, sms or dumb pin calculator.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
It can be done in different ways. Via app, sms or dumb pin calculator.
It can be done in different ways, yes.
But carrying a pin calculatod with you?
SMS would be fine but sould need to be a different device (my experiencs with another bank!)! So carrying a second device.
Methods could be
something you know
something you have
soemthing you be

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
It can be done in different ways, yes.
But carrying a pin calculatod with you?
SMS would be fine but sould need to be a different device (my experiencs with another bank!)! So carrying a second device.
Methods could be
something you know
something you have
soemthing you be
I actually am contemplating going with the physical PIN-calculator way. You don't have to carry it with you, you know... There are ways like hacking it so that it sits safe @home and is connected to a local server where you can connect to it via ssh

Reminds me what I did once with an old-style RSA-keyfob, the kind which has changing 8-digit code on LCD screen. I fitted it in a box with webcam, then I could use the codes where-ever I was!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Soumds 'a bit' like foiling the safety idea behind, or?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: