What we NOT GOT is a kernel driver for mentorgraphics musb core USB controller hardware in SoC
And what about this:
http://www.mentor.com/products/ip/us...usb-otg-driver

Doesn't it work?

(The link on sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/musb-otg-linux/

The authors link:
http://james_pangburn.users.sourceforge.net/

You can send him a message, but he didn't do anything since 4 years.)

Last edited by gerdich; 2010-07-19 at 22:00.

Ummm wait....Lemme get this staright.
The nokia n8 will have USB OTG but the top-of-the-line mobile computer nokia n900 does not have this feature?
Way to go Nokia, again! I love nokia a lot! android phones like motorola droid have this feature, but noone beats the n900 on the n900 forums.

droid "kinda" has it via a hack just like we do, why don't you go get yourself one and start soldering ?

Run along now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
To me it seems that any solution reliable in what does / doesn't work that uses cheap & commercially available products is good enough (no hardware hacking allowed.) To me it seems that the minimum requirement is that one device works reliably. Every device working reliably doesn't seem like a requirement, but the testing of each device should be documented. For example if USB 1.1 devices don't work then avoid USB 1.1 devices.

Any love for meego yet? It is much newer.

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
droid "kinda" has it via a hack just like we do, why don't you go get yourself one and start soldering ?

Run along now
Just out of curiosity, is the dongle on the N8 just a straight converter of micro USB to min-USB? I know this is probably a bit too early to ask, but would that dongle help in this situation?

I know that driving power has been an issue that we've discussed, but what if the HDD doesn't need power from USB? Would that be a situation worth considering?

Is there any profit in asking for devs that could help on LKML, or at the Linux Driver Project or some such?

The Following User Says Thank You to jacktanner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
After discussing this with joerg_rw, I've decided to release binaries, these will have the same patches we got months ago, the release will be a pre-alpha, reproducing the steps will be hard, and you might not all get the same result.

The reason we're releasing it is to see if it works for others, and it might be a good move to let other devs gain interest in the project.

Will release the binaries this week, I have to reproduce what I got two months ago, which will be hard since I lost /root/* which had all scripts.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
After discussing this with joerg_rw, I've decided to release binaries, these will have the same patches we got months ago, the release will be a pre-alpha, reproducing the steps will be hard, and you might not all get the same result.

The reason we're releasing it is to see if it works for others, and it might be a good move to let other devs gain interest in the project.

Will release the binaries this week, I have to reproduce what I got two months ago, which will be hard since I lost /root/* which had all scripts.
This great news - I know things are in an unstable state but you might get some fresh ideas from other developers.

Thanks for everything you guys have done so far.

Well this is great news. Under what name should we look for it?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
thanks for everything guys.