Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warden, WA
i now realize this device is too much for me. i tried to update to pr 1.3 but during the process, my n900 shut off. then when i turned it on a message popped up saying:

all telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a communication error. to recover, you might have to reboot the device.

i doubt the galaxy s or the iphone 5 (yes i said it. coming in january!) are gonna have these problems. im still gonna keep my n900 for entertainment purposes, but i want something thats a phone first and foremost. its just too bad i didnt think of that before i spent 700 big ones on this thing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EmperorLuna For This Useful Post:
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Edit:
Jaimex2 has provided a follow-up post that was helpful and that I sincerely thanked him for.

--------------------------

Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
Really? That's how you treat a user who is having a legitimate problem? They are looking for help and advise, not silly demeaning replies. I have not had any technical problems with the N900 that I have not been able to overcome, but it is attitudes like this that want to make me move away from at least these forums. Grow up and think before you post such rubbish.

It's not just this post that deserves such a response, but I've just reached a point where it is difficult to ignore any longer.

Last edited by nick.read; 2010-10-30 at 21:58.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nick.read For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nick.read View Post
Really? That's how you treat a user who is having a legitimate problem? They are looking for help and advise, not silly demeaning replies. I have not had any technical problems with the N900 that I have not been able to overcome, but it is attitudes like this that want to make me move away from at least these forums. Grow up and think before you post such rubbish.

It's not just this post that deserves such a response, but I've just reached a point where it is difficult to ignore any longer.
Well you are generally not allowed to say anything negative about the N900 on this site. And to suggest you are moving to a competitor's phone due to a problem with the N900 is like the ultimate blasphemy. And he compounded the issue by suggesting moving to the forbidden fruit - iphone.

Last edited by etuoyo; 2010-10-30 at 09:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA

Well since he hasn't posted a question just a statement. He isn't looking for help or advise. Also since this site is not run by Nokia he is really posting this on the wrong site. I'm not saying I agree with the first reply, but when peoples first few post are I'm leaving you really never got here.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:

Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar.

Oh come now. "Its not you, its me." is something you say to someone in a relationship to get out dodging any bad sentiment.

he's being just like Pa. Just Like Pa!

Theyre "Gone with the wind" anyway...hmmmm

OK, I'm sorry. let me be helpful.

EmperorLuna, go here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

and reflash your device. If it makes you feel any better my 1.3 upgrade screwed up too.

The iPhone solution is to buy the next release I think, but n900 are discontinued.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
OK, I'm sorry. let me be helpful.

EmperorLuna, go here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

and reflash your device. If it makes you feel any better my 1.3 upgrade screwed up too.
Thank you, on their behalf too. Hopefully it helps them and keeps them as a dedicated Maemo user.

To the OP, Jaimex2 indicated that the Maemo update screwed up for him too; my wife updating her Desire to Froyo screwed up last week too, so it is not necessarilly a problem you also wouldn't run into on the Galaxy S.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
If you're going to ask for help, do it politely. Or at least in the form of a question. OP was just whining and comparing to competition. Not seeking advice or being polite.
I'd gladly be nice if he was. Read my other posts. Posts like these don't merrit the kindness of others.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thefoxtrot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by EmperorLuna View Post
all telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a communication error. to recover, you might have to reboot the device.
So....... did a reboot work?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
and...this is why Extras Devel/testing should require an entrance exam.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post: