Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ FrozenOver
Hello, I ordered a couple N900's from HK expecting them to arrive any day now. Never heard about the N900 before I have a Openmoko Neo Freerunner and found out about openphoenux project. I saw the Nokia N900 is slated to get a new life as the Neo 900 which is cool. I love linux and liberty. Been reading this site for a week and will be reading much more. I hope the Neo 900 takes off and has community support and the software gets developed. Seems like Freerunner just could not compete with Android or IOS.

fingers crossed I didnt join the Nokia N900 too late and Neo 900 flops like Freerunner did.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrapathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by mrapathy View Post
Hello, I ordered a couple N900's from HK expecting them to arrive any day now. Never heard about the N900 before I have a Openmoko Neo Freerunner and found out about openphoenux project. I saw the Nokia N900 is slated to get a new life as the Neo 900 which is cool. I love linux and liberty. Been reading this site for a week and will be reading much more. I hope the Neo 900 takes off and has community support and the software gets developed. Seems like Freerunner just could not compete with Android or IOS.

fingers crossed I didnt join the Nokia N900 too late and Neo 900 flops like Freerunner did.
Welcome
If you have any questions, search it up with that handy bar in the corner, or post a new thread if you can't find anything. (Don't post a question that's been answered before)

Or,
Once you accumulate 10 posts, you can PM a user directly and ask them for any help you may need.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Mexico
Hola!
Compré un nokia n800 hace un par de días y estoy feliz con mi tablet
Anteriormente tenía un n810 pero no me gustaba del todo por el tamaño, aunque extraño el teclado prefiero el nokia n800 por ser más ligero y el tamaño de la pantalla es aceptable

Espero aprender mucho de esta comunidad y pronto estar desarrollando aplicaciones para maemo

Saludos desde México

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!
I bought a nokia n800 a couple of days ago and i'm very happy with my tablet
Before, I had a n810 but i dont like it at all because the size. I really miss the keyboard but i prefer the size of n800 because it's lighter an the screen size is acceptable

I hope i'm learning a lot of this comunity and as soon as possible developing apps for maemo

Best wishes from Mexico

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to holas400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Welcome! Congrats on your purchases, enjoy your new shiny devices!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Hello,

From The Netherlands and never said hello.
Got on the train with a N900, a superb device. Then switched to the N9 which also was a lovely device and now a proud oner of a first one, Jolla.

I´ll keep swiping!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Mexico
¡Hola de nuevo!
¿Alquien sabe de dónde puedo descargar el SDK para Maemo4?
Muchas gracias!
-------------------------------------
Hi! It's me again
Does anyone know where to download the SDK for Maemo4?
Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to holas400 For This Useful Post:
hey, my user name says it all.

from nj/usa and a nokia n9 user. i just bought a eu version of jolla phone and i am eager to try it out. hopefully i can help and receive support

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erdinch For This Useful Post:
Hi from Hellas.

I'm a supporter of libresoftware and openhardware.

I am owner of a GTA02 (neo) with qtmoko running and i'm waiting for a second hand n900 i ordered from ebay.

I too hope the neo900 will become reality and prospert and co-evolve with openphoenux project, and i hope meamo5 port to neo900 to become reality.

Alexandros Prekates.
http://librephone.gr

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aprekates For This Useful Post:
Hello!

My name is Robson Nicacio.
I love the N900, and despite having another disposivito not stopped using the N900: beautiful, organized, compact and great to work with computer networks.
I hope in the future to develop for the N900 as fun.

I tried to register on the downloads of programs <maemo.org> to comment via garage; I can log into garage.maemo.org, but not the maemo.org.

Does anyone know what to do?

Olá!

Meu nome é Robson Nicacio.
Gosto muito do N900, e apesar de ter um outro disposivito, não deixo de usar o N900: bonito, organizado, compacto e ótimo para trabalhar com redes de computadores.
Espero no futuro desenvolver para o N900 como diversão.

Tentei me registrar na parte de downloads do <maemo.org> para comentar os programas via garage; eu consigo logar no garage.maemo.org, mas, não o maemo.org.

Alguém sabe o que fazer?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robsonnicacio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Melbourne
Hi guys.

My name's David and I'm new here.

I have a N900 that I use as a work phone. My requirements for a work phone were that it had a physical keyboard for emails and that is was a Nokia - because they're built like bricks.

Now that I've joined here I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys and also contribute to the forum.

Cheers from Oz,
David

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tech-Kid For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org