N950 Pro with hwkb... how's that? Let buyers decide what they want. HTC, Samsung do that all the time.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
If I can't get my hands on a dev device I'll make one.

I will get another N900, overcklock the old one to 1150 (which I now not dare) install meego on the NAND and get a 32gb class 10 ?SD

I'll still have my fmtx, stylus, stereo speakers, ir and hwkb.
________
WildBrunette

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
attachable bt keyboard?
I don't get the sarcasm. (well, other than most likely Nokia not making one)
It is easily possible technically. But yeah, I doubt there will be such a thing.
He thinks probably something like this one.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by witit View Post
N950 Pro with hwkb... how's that? Let buyers decide what they want. HTC, Samsung do that all the time.
but not with their high end phones... the crown is always without...
and they do more then 1 device in a year...

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
He thinks probably something like this one.

but what i dont get is, why you want it to be attachable if it is cableless. which benefits does it have? It has bt so you can place everywhere.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
but what i dont get is, why you want it to be attachable if it is cableless. which benefits does it have? It has bt so you can place everywhere.
So that it's basically 1 piece and I don't forget/lose it just like my N900's keyboard. I also want it to be slimmer and sexier than that pictured one for iPhone. Basically, N9+keyboard will be like N950 dev phone thickness and form factor. If Nokia designs one specifically for the N9, it should also be very nice looking.

I thing It can be reattached too, so it's keyboard for different tastes

Still this can't replace built-in hwkb, what most TMO users want.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....kb-buddy-9.jpg

has all the benefits of built in kb except for the use on bootloaders, half working oses etc...
________
VAPORIZERS

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
what if this is the future and the only devieces with a hwkb are crap.. . will you buy it just because of the keyboard?
probably, but right now I dont have to worry about that :P. My N900 does almost everything I need/expect.. Only wish i have is having the N8's camera on it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
AGAIN: why was the qwerty clearly shown in the teaser, if the plan is to release a qwerty-less only device?

If Nokia Conversations confirm "Jessie's Girl" and "Jessie's Girl" is the device shown in the ad with a qwerty keyboard, why, oh why is everyone discussing a touchscreen only model as the only choice the consumer will have? Consumers read Nokia Conversations too y'know!

Perhaps Koajwujwer123 is telling the truth, perhaps not. Perhaps he/she DOES actually have the "other one" (if they are releasing 2 - even though I don't believe it).

If it turns out that the N9/50 on announcement is a qwerty-less device, I'll be dumbfounded. What was the point of showing off the keyboard in the teaser then, in more than one shot?

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
read the "confirmation" again please: And ask yourself: Where does it state the "teaservideo phone" actually will be released!?

AFAIK nowhere... I am sorry saying this but we have been joked again. we still doent know when or what the ****ing meego device Nokia will release.

The Nokia Meego mess is real ****ing joke that never seems too end!

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland