No firmware won't lock the device.

I am a little annoyed - I hope the update is out sometime today!

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Thanks rash.m2k i was kinda worried about that need to keep my GiffGaff sim working What about branding ?

Hi,

first of all sorry for the delay. As in the past, the special variants take always a bit longer to be available as a flashable image. I will let you know, when I can update you with an estimate how long it will take.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
I'm on T-Mobile UK (10.2010.19-1.203.1) and also can't see the 1.3 update - hoping Nokia get it sorted out soon.

Originally Posted by carta View Post
Thanks rash.m2k i was kinda worried about that need to keep my GiffGaff sim working What about branding ?
Won't change branding - if your N900 has vodafone branding on it then you will get VF firmware update

Same with others - my N900 is simfree so I get unbranded F/W.

Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Hi,

first of all sorry for the delay. As in the past, the special variants take always a bit longer to be available as a flashable image. I will let you know, when I can update you with an estimate how long it will take.

Daniel
Thanks for the update.

Any idea why the UK version(s) is/are seen as a "special variant"? Is this something to do with the Vodafone special even for those on generic UK firmware?

Any idea why we have a Vodafone special anyway, when (I believe) we were told that Nokia wouldn't be allowing this?

Has anyone in the uk got the update yet?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Hi,

Daniel
How is mine a special variant?

I thought i just bought a generic phone from mobile phones direct with a T mobile sim.

any updates where is it

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I got a text from Nokia at 11:45 today telling me there was new software available for my N900 and to go to nokia.co.uk/softwareupdate, after I entered my N900 product code* the site tells me there is new firmware for my device (Version:: 20.2010.36.2) and to use the Nokia Software Updater to update it. I didn't try their updater because I don't want to reflash my device, I'd rather do a OTA upgrade and I don't want to run Windows. Though I would be interested to see what happens when their updater is run since their is (as yet) no UK specific firmware on their firmware download site. Still no OTA update on my N900 last time I checked.

*Why oh why is it only printed under the battery, forcing me to turn my N900 off to read it, it isn't even printed on the box or as far as I can tell accessible through the device in any way.